REGAINED After Weight Loss Surgery...yes, it happened!

Options
gloriaagee
gloriaagee Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2017 in Motivation and Support
Had a vertical sleeve in 2010 and have regained 25 pounds. It happens more than you might think. After listening to my daughter talk for 6 months about counting her macros I decided to "drink her koolaid" and give it a try. I am just a few days into it, figuring it all out, and wondering if it will work on this 64 year old body. I would love to hear from others that are struggling with weight issues even after surgery. You see, even though I cannot eat large portions of food with a small stomach - I can still eat often and all the wrong things. Simple weight gain 101!

Replies

• GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've not had any sort of surgery. But MFP does work if you are diligent about measuring your portions and logging your intake. Good luck!
  • catluvgal
    catluvgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had stapling in 2000. Lost over 100 pounds. Gained nearly 60 back and am now working to get back down. You CAN sabotage yourself just as you said. Ave weight gain back is about 50 percent last time I checked the stats.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    My unkle got one of the older surgeries not sure the real term but he called it "stomach stapling". He lost a lot of weight but then gradually ate larger and larger portions and a lot of heavy foods too and he now stretched his stomach all the way back out and gained most of the weight back!

Counting calories and macros works like a charm though, better than anything I've ever come across!!! Come on in, the water is fine... also do try to eat for health too. What you choose to eat has an effect on your health and how you look and feel. It's not ALL about weight loss and if you are eating "all the wrong things" then not only will you gain weight but you'll feel bad and increase your risk of disease.
  • JumpingJacs
    JumpingJacs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yep, right there with ya. I was under 200 and starting feeling too good. Next thing I know I'm at 227.5 HECK NO! Back at the grind and going. I loved how I felt and look when I was down. Going back, y'all can have the fat!