How often should I weigh myself??

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    rfrenkel77 wrote: »
    Right after you wake up and pee. Daily. Log the weight into fitness pal, so you can analyze trends over 6 months periods, and make tweaks to the diet. You really need to see the long trend to determine if you sliimming and at what rate. Otherwise you all obscure with weight bounces up down during periods etc. you never know without tracking.
    She is trying gain not lose weight.

Weight fluctuations are absolutely normal and weighing daily, weekly, or monthly isn't a absolute necessity for progress. It's a choice.

• mtabor80
    mtabor80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When trying to lose weight, i strip to underwear and weigh myself every morning as a habit. My scale downloads results to Fitbit app and you look at results over a period of time. I don't care about the daily result. That kind of tells me cause and effect of what I do. Every time I hit a new low, I snap a picture. As much as losing weight is a nice number to track, I look st how the weight affects the looks of my body which will help you with eating and exercise choices. At some point, the scale will stop giving you great news, but the pictures don't have to.
  • mtabor80
    mtabor80 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight same deal, the pictures will tell you where the weight is going. I'd still weigh myself daily. The deal here, is there is a limit of how much muscle you can really gain in a short period of time. So if you're gaining weight fast, you may be putting on more fat than you may want. So watch your weight, watch and listen to your body and keep the habits going. You'll find it easy to tweak things in your diet and routine that will ultimately help you reach your goals.