Hello. I'm new.

Options
Hello. My name is Heather.
I need to lose weight which means I need to quit talking about it and I need to quit thinking about it and I need to do something about it.
I own a treadmill, an elliptical machine, a weight bench, yoga balls, kettlebells and multiple DVDs.
2 years ago I ran. First time I ever ran in my life. I did a few 5Ks and enjoyed running. I was at 183 and toning while I ran.
My prepregnancy weight of my second child (he is now 3 years old) was 178. I would love love love to be 178! In the last 2 years I've gained a lot of weight. Last I knew I was at 225 and right now I refuse to get on the Wii scale.
I do own the 30 Day Shred. I talked to a friend today and she said she had success with that DVD and a few other DVDs by Jillian. I googled 30 Day Shred and found a message board on this site with lots of inspiration. I think I'll start there. And I want to build up my running ability too.
Now I need motivation and courage. I know I can do it.

Replies

• vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Heather,

You CAN most DEFINITELY do it! I have the 30 day shred and really enjoy it. Friend me!

~valerie
  • newellby40
    Options
    Hi Heather. I have started this journey again for the....100+ time. But I have some assistance this time with surgery. I figured 42 years of eating what I wanted and how much I wanted was enough.

Good Luck!
  • BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site! Everyone is very supporting and motivational. I think you will like it. Sounds like you already have a lot of equipment, so all you need to do it get busy. :wink:
  • markawillis
    Options
    Hello, you can do this. If I can lose weight anybody can!!! And this is just the place to do it. I Love MFP!!!

7351974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jillwaller
    Options
    Welcome!! You can definitely do it, just look at the Successes board for some motivation- it's truly amazing! Feel free to friend me :)
  • miisscandace
    Options
    I have basically the same goal to achieve that you do right now i am coming down to about 240 and my first goal is to get down to 175, after that then i will wanna get down another 25-55 pounds but for right now its just to get to that first goal. I am a MFP junkie lately, everyone on here is really supportive this has been the first time ive enjoyed dieting and exercising and loosing weight i mean im actually having fun doing it!!! crazy right? - feel free to friend me and good luck!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Hi Hj711. You can do this, believe in yourself.
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have my long term goal set up right now that I ultimately want to get to. I never thought about having mini goals. That is an awesome idea. Thank you for posting that misscandace.

I do agree that you can do this and with the support of everyone here will definitely help... Good luck on your journey... I am new to this site as well... This is my first day...
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    hi! Joining the message boards is a good place start looking for support. :) When you start adding people to your friends list, seeing their updates and thier comments on your activity is very motivational.

It seems like you have a good variety of equipment to use. I've found that making a schedule of what I want to do really helps me when I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start. I also like having a set goal to work towards, it can be a reward for yourself reaching a certain weight or signing up for a race so that you are motivated to keep training. If you miss a workout or overeat one day dont get discouraged, just move on and start again the next day.
  • Hj711
    Hj711 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will schedule my exercise at 6:15 today since my family will all be busy at that time.
    I'm a stay-at-home mom. Our schedule gets busy but it is never busy enough to not exercise. One of my 2 kids will be a full-time school kid quite soon too. And maybe the heat will let up.
    But NO EXCUSES. My treadmill and ellipse sit in my cool basement and my DVD player is in an air conditioned living room.
    I actually hope to workout during the day. Then I can do a walk or bike ride or pool swim at 6:15. I do like to escape the house to exercise.