Workout & Exercise Music

Options
What kind of music gets you pumped for workouts and cardio? I have a few songs but I need a lot more.
The songs I have are:
Celebration
Cha Cha Slide
Limbo Rock
Macarena
YMCA
This One's For The Girls

Replies

• chickadee10
    Options
    What kind of music gets you pumped for workouts and cardio? I have a few songs but I need a lot more.
    The songs I have are:
    Celebration
    Cha Cha Slide
    Limbo Rock
    Macarena
    YMCA
    This One's For The Girls
  • nicolet04
    Options
    anything britney spears gets me goin!!! i like lady gaga's new cd also!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    80's music is great....Madonna,Culture Club,Right Said Fred.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    The new song that gets me going is "All the single ladies" Im not single but I would love to learn how to dance like that. :flowerforyou:
  • timetoembrace
    Options
    hey,i would love to look like that....lol:laugh:
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The new song that gets me going is "All the single ladies" Im not single but I would love to learn how to dance like that. :flowerforyou:

My four year old son and I try to do it together. He's better.:laugh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Most cable companies have a music station, I turn my channel to Dance - which is like club remixes of alot of old favorites with quick beats......every inch of my body is moving including my toes.......but thats me.......

GO GREEN!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I love to dance and I'm thinking about getting a belly dancing dvd what the heck.
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I love belly dancing although I would never do it in public at my current weight :laugh: :laugh: .But I do belly dancing 3 days a week in the privacy of my home .So go for it.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    anything britney spears gets me goin!!! i like lady gaga's new cd also!!!

yup, anything Britney!!!
  • CassieNic
    Options
    I love TOOL, it puts me in a zone.
  • shutter_bug7783
    Options
    For me, it depends on how intense I want to go. I have some rock songs on my iPod that get me in the zone for just pumping it out on cardio. I try and push as hard as I can for an entire song. Some examples are:
    -Stupify by Disturbed
    -Down with the Sickness by Disturbed
    -Last Resort - Papa Roach
    -Getting Away with Murder by Papa Roach
    -Awake by Godsmack
    -Bodies by Drowning Pool
    -Pain by Three Days Grace

Anything with a good beat helps me when working out. I have about 90 songs in my Work Out play list and they range anywhere from country, rap, hip-hop, pop, rock. I have artists like 50 Cent, Linkin Park, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas... as I said... anything with a good beat I enjoy listening to during my work outs (especially cardio).

You just have to find what you enjoy listening to and working out to. I do know that having a good list of songs to listen to helps me. I can't stand working out without music.

Good luck!
  • alcamsmom
    Options
    I like the jock jams kind of music like everybody dance now, pump up the jam, boom boom boom, i like to move it move it, all star, Boom Boom Boom , Cotton Eye Joe ,Let's Get Ready To Rumble , Ya'll Ready For This. Those are just a few ideas.
    Good luck :)
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I found a good website that has a lot of songs on it: http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/fit/archives/000235.html
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I like top 30 stuff. I've got over 2000 songs on my Ipod. Funny, my 11 yr old and I listen and download music for each other.Britney, Lady Gaga-Katy Perry, Rihana, T.I., JT, Timbaland, Kelly Clarkson has a good new one out. I have everything from 70's- now. The 80's rock!:smokin:
  • trritchie
    Options
    techno ish hip hop stuff is my favorite because you can really get into the beat, especially when running.
    bring the noise-benny benassi
    satisfaction-club remix
    are both really good and there over 6 minutes each, helps time go by
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If it's got a good beat and good rythem-it'll motivate me to move.:glasses:
  • CassieNic
    Options
    techno ish hip hop stuff is my favorite because you can really get into the beat, especially when running.
    satisfaction-club remix

dj teisto is really good too, alot of his songs are at least 5min long.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    If it wasnt for Winamp and there shoutcast radio and other unlimited choices My workout on my gazzle would suffer. ( dance and techo) For a intence workout I like Techno,,, or as my son calls it robot rock.
    for moderate I just go with anything by The Crystal Method or Chemical brothers. You need a steady beat to keep up the pace.
  • nevertellen34
    Options
    satisfaction-club remix

dj teisto is really good too, alot of his songs are at least 5min long.
    Hey I have some of that ,, eliments of life or something