Garmin not synching correct

Options
My Garmin just seems to be pushing through calories lately, but not the activities. Not a huge deal but seems to have gone sidewayes in the last week.

So on my exercise tab, I no longer see "Running (jogging), 5.2 mph (11.5 min mile) " and just see "Garmin Connect calorie adjustment " for doing the same thing. This is looking at Saturday the 14th vs 21st.

Anyone else seeing the same?

The calories pushed through seem fine for the total for each day (~1100), so no issue there. Just not broken down by activity. The activities do get pushed to Strava by GC just fine.

Thanks

Replies

• ellentwolff
    ellentwolff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i see that and so do my friends, I've tried disconnecting Garmin from MFP and reconnecting it, but even that seems to have issues
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Same here.
    Most likely MFP is currently implementing another of their most dreaded "Feature-Updates"
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Anecdotally a bike ride I did this morning is not showing, much as you guys are describing.
  • Jeffrey_S
    Jeffrey_S Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am having this same issue, it was driving me mad trying to resolve...then I found this support article on the topic:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2892382-individual-exercises-not-syncing-from-garmin

It is still not resolved, but at least it acknowledges that MFP is aware and working it.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    For swimming it calculates higher than the basic algorithm used by MFP. I still just use manual entry, i do not synch my Garmin with MFP.
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    fishgutzy wrote: »
    For swimming it calculates higher than the basic algorithm used by MFP. I still just use manual entry, i do not synch my Garmin with MFP.

I could be mistaken but I believe Garmin Connect factors in your configured Activity Class (higher AC = lower METs I believe) and some other details when calculating calorie burn. Not implying it's necessarily more accurate than MFP's algorithm but I think it is working with a slightly larger dataset.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Jeffrey_S wrote: »
    I am having this same issue, it was driving me mad trying to resolve...then I found this support article on the topic:

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2892382-individual-exercises-not-syncing-from-garmin

It is still not resolved, but at least it acknowledges that MFP is aware and working it.

Sent a report in.

I've disconnected and reconnected this morning, but haven't done anything yet to test it.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've had this too. Not a big deal as you say as the calories are coming through correctly, it's just not adding the activity instead assigning them to the general adjustment. No doubt it will be fixed at some point and then they'll break something else to keep us on our toes.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Same problem with me, starting Friday. It looks like they are working on it.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Same symptoms here. It seems to correlate with the software update they did last week.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Ahhh.

So I unlinked them to see if it helped and now I don't even get the calorie adjustment. Garmin shows ~600 cals and MFP is showing the same 297 it did this morning.

Bleh
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I shall just wait then. Didn't send over my workout details again today but did send the calories. I'm not doing anything to it that might upset it!
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    I fixed that part by disconnecting and reconnecting from the GC site instead of the MFP site. So back to calories sent across. But it didn't fix the issue so I wouldn't bother trying it.
  • CricketClover
    CricketClover Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I disconnected a couple weeks ago because I ONLY wanted the dedicated exercise adjustment and not the step adjustment because it was giving me too many calories each day. Does anyone know how to turn off step adjustment and only sync activities?
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Maybe they can also correct the modifications of exercise data between Garmin Connect and MFP - I’m still confused as to why run times get rounded slower to the nearest minute or certain exercises with detailed names become “aerobic activity” when they transmit to MFP
  • augustsageruns
    augustsageruns Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I disconnected a couple weeks ago because I ONLY wanted the dedicated exercise adjustment and not the step adjustment because it was giving me too many calories each day. Does anyone know how to turn off step adjustment and only sync activities?

Yep. I did this a couple weeks ago. If you go to the steps tab in the app, there is an option for no step tracking. It won’t remove adjustments already made, but it will stop any step adjustments from happening going forward.

I’m not getting any communication between GC and MFP as of this week. No activities or calories coming over and no calories going that way. Frustrating... I’m just manually entering an underestimation of my exercise in MFP to get my calories more accurate. I’ve never used calories in/out in GC, so I care about that less.
  • Joel_518
    Joel_518 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Same...same. glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the feed
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Same here but I'm not to worried about it as long as it passes over the calories (and I don't wear my Garmin all day except on weekends so the step count stuff is a non-issue)
  • phrobbert
    phrobbert Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same. Stupid thing is, Mapmyrun records the activities correctly, and that's part of the same web app group as MFP!
  • RevTim70
    RevTim70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. All of the sudden, workouts are not coming in from Garmin Connect. Have we figured out why?? I hate this