deborahmorris Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the same things most mornings...

I Kiwi (just started recently)
    1 egg fried in Pam and shreeded cheese
    1 Slice WW toast
    1 TSP mayo ( love my mayo) :wink:
    2 Slices turkey bacon (sometimes)

But sure would love some new ideas!! I love the protein...it keeps me full longer!!:smile:
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Baked oatmeal- I eat baked oatmeal everyday for breakfast and I usually eat it cold. I make a big batch and it makes 8 servings and only 184 Calories.

Here's how I make it but you can adjust it to your liking . I've made this recipe with different types of fruit but this is my favorite

2 1/2 cups rolled oats
    4 cups almond milk ( I use unsweetened only 35 Cal per cup)
    2 eggs
    3-4 small apples, cored and dice
    1/2 cup raisins
    1 tsp vanilla ectract
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp nutmeg
    1/4 tsp ginger

Preheat oven to 350
    Core and dice apples
    Mix all ingredients and pore into a large glass baking dish.
    Bake for 40, remove from oven and stir ,return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 mins.

Store in the sealed container in the refrigerator
  • FattyWantADoughnut
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a great egg white egg nest recipe. If you make them ahead of time, it's so easy to just heat them up and go in the mornings throughout the week. The URL: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html?m=1
  • DebMcDon
    Options
    I make in advance whole wheat blueberry pancakes and freeze them. Then I just pull one out heat it in the toaster and put some fresh raspberries and/or blackberries over it.
  • elliej3
    elliej3 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love greek yoghurt with honey, blueberries and a spoonful of flaxseed (i have a great little bag of grinded sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds and goji berries works really well here), you get a little bit of everything that way!
    Also some low calorie bread, 1/2 a tin of plum tomatoes, an egg fried using 1cal spray and a rasher of bacon is wonderfully filling and yet only about 250 calories! Enjoy!
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    I know at kroger yuo can buy turkey sausage in throw them in the microwave for about 45 sec.
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom makes breakfast burritos every week and then just puts them in the fridge so you can grab them and go...They sound unhealthy but she uses egg beaters, salsa, turkey sausage, and whole wheat tortillas so they're actually a good source of protein and whole grains. You could even use fresh tomatoes, spinach, and green peppers if you don't want all the sodium from the salsa.
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has a great egg white egg nest recipe. If you make them ahead of time, it's so easy to just heat them up and go in the mornings throughout the week. The URL: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html?m=1

these sound DELICIOUS! I'm definitely going to give them a try!
  • angief_01
    Options
    Ziplock Omelet

1 serving egg beaters
    diced onions & pepper
    diced turkey ham or cooked turkey bacon
    fat free shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    salsa
    Ziplock baggie (I use thhe storage bags they're a little thicker than sandwich)

Add all ingr. except salsa into ziplock bag, try to get as much of the air out as possible.
    Place bag into saucepan of boiling water for 3-4 mins.
    It"ll roll out onto your plate easily top with remaining cheese and salsa...Enjoy!!

I prep & fill my baggie the night before so I can just boil water and cook it usually while doing my make up!
  • Antlerdancer
    Antlerdancer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bfast meal ideas:

-1 Sandwich thin spread with 1 laughing cow lite and topped with one microwaved Boca Burger + banana

or

-1/2 uncooked oatmeal with splenda and cinnamon, grate one apple into it. Put this in a tupperware container and pour boiling water over it. it'll "cook" in minutes and is a great hearty breakfast on the go.

OR

-I "second" the previous poster who said she loves to make-ahead breakfast burritos. Even easier using Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage crumbles and Eggbeaters. Add mushrooms and onions or whatever, some salsa and cheese or laughing cow. YUM!
  • LostStudent
    Options
    I like to eat two eggs that have been fried with a little bit of butter and olive oil with some steamed brocolli! yum!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Here are a few suggestions for ya. :)

1) Greek yogurt with granola and berries on top.
    2) Scrambled egg whites with cheese and veggies.
    3) A bagel thin with light cream cheese and low sugar jelly.
    4) Low fat waffles with peanut butter and low sugar jelly.
    5) Oatmeal with honey and bananas.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    2 eggs hard boiled and a Pure protein bar. Goal is 30G+ of protein wake up and i'm normaly not hungry for 5 hours sometimes longer.
  • ddfox0004
    Options
    Would like to know how to make your whole wheat cornbread, Congratulations on your weight loss!
    Thank you
    Diana.
  • smcolton
    smcolton Posts: 78
    Options
    I cut a red pepper in half, crack an egg into the red pepper, break the yolk, or put in eggbeaters. I cook it in the micro for 1.5 minutes. I then put 1/4 cup of black beans and some 505 grean chili salsa on it and micro for 15 seconds. YUM! I eat it most mornings.
  • mbrown82314
    Options
    I have a sick obsession with breakfast sandwiches, before I was dieting, I would make the most sinful ones...with sausage, croissants, ect....not so much anymore.

Every Sunday night I make (10) of these (one each for my boyfriend and I, each day of the week...we both work morning office jobs and never have enough time for breakfast, these are convenient because they only take 30 seconds to heat up).

Anyways - the ones I usually have (yes, every weekday morning, haven't gotten sick of them yet)

1 - Orrowheat Whole-grain sandwich thin - 100 Calories/1 gram of fat
    1 - Kraft America cheese single (I know, processed cheese, but it melts so perfectly) - 60 Calories/2 Grams of fat
    1 - Serving of Egg beaters (1/4 cup) - 30 Calories/1 Gram of fat
    1 - Serving of Low sodium bacon (Bacon is another obsession of mine). - 90 Calories/9Grams of fat.

Total - 280 Calories and 13 grams of fat.

I love these things - I realize that it can get old having the same thing everyday, I often switch it up and will have turkey sausage instead of bacon, or deli ham, or different cheeses, maybe a bagel-thin instead of a sandwich thin, as long as I keep it under 280 calories. And these are so easy, I love just grabbing one in the morning, throwing it in the microwave...and they are so yummy!
  • tinymite1
    tinymite1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been reading the other posts. I would agree hard boiled eggs for a protein bost would be a quick easy start to the morning. I tend to boil about 6 at the start of the week and take them my mid morning break when at work. They seem to be really filling too.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast every morning. I make these on Sunday and my husband and I typically have enough to last us until Thursday (eating 2 each) and then on Friday I will make a quick breakfast burrito.

Egg White Oatmeal Pancakes:

Approx. 16 egg whites

1 cup oatmeal -- Add more if the batter is too thin

1 banana or ½ cup blueberries

¼ cup ground flaxseed

1 tsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. vanilla

¼ cup agave nectar or honey

Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend for 15 – 20 seconds. Then, cook as you would regular pancakes.

Optional Toppings – Fresh berries, agave nectar, honey, almond butter, peanut butter, raw pecans, almonds or walnuts. **My favorite, I top with low fat yogurt! yummm!!!**

Pancakes Per Serving - Calories:151 Carbs: 23 Fat: 2 Protien: 10
  • ptoutain1
    Options
    I usually have a egg white omelet for breakfast. It only takes about 10 minutes to prepare. I load it up with a bunch of veggies so it fills me up. A 4 egg whit omelet with onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, and cheese has 143 calories, 6g carbs, 3g fat, and 16g protein.
  • njfitnessgirl
    Options
    I like to make things in advance and freeze them.

I try to keep whole wheat blueberry or strawberry waffles and pancakes on hand. I will also make egg burritos. I use one whole wheat tortilla with 1 egg and 1 egg white and then whatever veggies I want in it and some shredded cheddar cheese. You can also add some salsa to it. I also make something similar but with either whole wheat english muffins or bagel thins, egg and a slice of deli ham.