Im Overweight and having PCOS..

Options
hi new friends out there..

Replies

• KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I too have PCOS and know it's more than a pain in the hind end! Feel free to add me. I'm always looking for others with similar situations :) Good luck!
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    welcome!....we're in the same boat
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Hey Soul Cyster! I've had it for most of my adult life (which is a long time!) It sucks...but it is definitely something you can live with and control to some extent.

Feel free to add me... I've met a lot of PCOS'er here!
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too... and hypothyroidism, and 3 knee surgeries, and 5 kids... you're not a lost cause! You can do this! Welcome to the site!
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    hey me too! you'll be pleasantly surprised the amount of women on here that have it sending you an add :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of getting diagnosed, I have a lot of the symptoms and am on metformin.
  • jametw
    jametw Posts: 4
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. Feel free to add me.
  • KayaSamantha
    KayaSamantha Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Same boat! Wanna know good news though? A lot of my symptoms are reducing by losing weight! Add me if you'd like and I'll try to help keep you motivated!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    there is a thread of pcos soul cysters - there are alot of people with pcos and other ailments on the thread. You should go there.
  • sweetly_spicy
    sweetly_spicy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, yet another PCOS sister here. Recently Diagnosed after 35 pound weight gain; three weeks into metformin and good diet and I'm almost ten pounds down.

You can do it!!
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place to be as there are so many supporting folks on here. Its also just a good tool of awareness. Good luck with your goals. Getting here is half the battle right?

I have PCOS too and when doctor told me I was morbidly obese (which it does say in my medical file) I felt like crap on the ground. It was just the motivation I needed to get my *kitten* in gear! I have found that PCOS is way more common than I ever thought and that its manageable. You can do this!
  • sarah829522
    Options
    Hi, there. I also have PCOS. There are a great number of supporters on MFP with it.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    There are many of us and MFP is a GREAT place for support! I take birth control and Aldactone to treat my symptoms. I've been on medication since March, using MFP since Feb and have lost over 30lbs and my symptoms have improved greatly!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! :)

I also have PCOS and hypothyroidism. As was previously mentioned, while it is not curable, it is definitely something you can control. Losing weight with this disease is difficult, but not impossible. You can do it!
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Welcome...... MFP is an awesome site. You will make many friends and the support/encouragement is just amazing. I was surprised how many people here are struggling with pco. But yet it is comforting to know that we are not alone!

All the best

Goaliema
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the site...another fellow PCOS'er here!!