Looking for some additional friends, determined to lose & maintain, with insulin resistance

Options
Hi there, I have been on and off at MFP for a while. I logged extremely well for about 1.5 years and lost 60 lbs. Then I started to slack, and after about a year and an injury that really affected my activity level, I started to regain quickly, and went back up about 50 lbs. (boo)

About 2 months again I recommitted to using MFP and have lost 20 lbs, so I'm currently down about 30 lbs. I have PCOS and Insulin Resistance, and I work on a moderate carb diet. I want to cook more often (and improve my cooking skills), and consume limited amounts of processed foods and starchy carbs. Overall I want to lose 70-100 lbs, and maintain by ongoing tracking, 1 hour + exercise per day (emphasizing weights), and being very careful to follow diet appropriate for insulin resistance. Looking for people to cheer on and be cheered on by.

Replies

• KingMe78
    KingMe78 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dr. jason fung fan here
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Cnc0826
    Cnc0826 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I have insulin resistance, hashimotos and PCOS. I just started tracking again today. I was doing WW but wasn't losing anything. I'd like to be friends.
  • jasmine1521
    jasmine1521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Cnc0826 please add me as a friend. I have PCOS, insulin resistance and trying to conceive
  • jennardurney
    jennardurney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am new here and need a supporr group!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Also PCOS and insulin resistant. I don'the know the pound equivalent but I was almost 100kg. Started here and lost 20kg. Stopped being as diligent and gained 8kg. I'miss back with a vengeance and am determined to lose the last 20kg or so
  • jctodaro1990
    jctodaro1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me i just found out i have pcos with insulin resistance and fatty liver disease! Share tips aswell :)
  • llewis84
    llewis84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me also! I have insulin resistance and am getting back at being healthy. When I foumd out I had it a few years ago I did really good amd got healthy but unfortunately haven't been able to maintain. I need the accountability and inspiration from others
  • tjyates3
    tjyates3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looking for new friends to help me stay motivated and active. I have been using Fitbit for the last year, and now I’m switching back to MFP an UA Record. Feel free to add me so we can stay fit together!
  • shanpark1
    shanpark1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have insulin resistance and lost 50 pounds a year and half ago and I have been slacking. I could use motivation. Feel free to add me, I love to cook so I could share recipes.
  • marygoddard142
    marygoddard142 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I deal will PCOS as well, and I'm in a very similar boat weight wise. Please feel free to add me. :-)
  • kennyb395
    kennyb395 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my 1st week and im always keen to help support or to have support...feel free to add me...
  • rahbeeee
    rahbeeee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I’ve struggled with PCOS since I was a teen and now have been told I am insulin resistant too. I have about 140 pounds to lose and am in need of friendly support. :)