Any mom's out there trying to get back in shape?

Options
Hi! I recently was blessed with a little girl, I didn't gain too much weight only about 11lbs but I'd really like to get back down to what I was before I met my husband. I just started and I've got about 50lbs to go.
I'm looking for friends that understand the mom grind, I'm also breastfeeding so not completely sure how to compensate for that on the app or lose weight without sacrificing supply. Any one like me? Looking for support.

Replies

• cmvanzalinge
    cmvanzalinge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m a mom not breastfeeding. My youngest is 10. But I certainly know the Mom grind. I would start with light exercises. You can slowly increase and see how it affects your supply. You shouldn’t cut too many calories yet. I’m not sure how old your baby is but You want to be sure your milk supply is well established before starting anything.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of a 9 almost 10 month old! I was exclusively breastfeeding but my supply ran dry, not because I was dieting, just because I really didn't have that well of a supply to begin with but i dried up when he was about 7 1/2 months old, I would of loved to keep going. I think I weighed around about 145ish before I was pregnant then when I was fully 9 months along I was I think 172 but once he was delivered I dropped down to 158-160 and that weight stayed on. I'm currently at 128ish.
  • jtiffany87
    jtiffany87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Not breastfeeding, but my son it 15 months. I am the same weight i was before getting pregnant but I was trying to lose weight when I got pregnant so I need to get back at it.
  • mlluvv
    mlluvv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My daughter is now 3 months old and im 8 lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight. 21 lbs away from my goal weight.
    Not breasfeeding. I keep losing the motivation though! So i added you, i hope you don't mind. Just feel like having others encouraging you will help motivate you(:
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 3 kids (10, 4, and 2) with the youngest still nursing. I am working on about 10 stubborn lbs and its so difficult! Please feel free to add me!
  • HillCoutu92
    HillCoutu92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have an 11 month old daughter and I'm looking to lose the same amount of weight. Feel free to add me!

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 month old baby. I gained about 50lbs.... I stopped looking at the scale towards the end. I've got about 9lbs left to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I started out walking everyday with my baby in the stroller and worked my way up from there. I also have been doing weight watchers. It works for me but it's not for everyone.
  • neonbon
    neonbon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me! My second is 18 months still breastfeeding. I have lost 10lbs and I have 30lbs of starving, hormonal, sleep deprived, baby weight to go. I'm Keto and Piyo committed!
  • eledina21
    eledina21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me !! 6 weeks postpartum 30 lb to loose !!!! Just starting to walk only
  • Tiagosoares17
    Tiagosoares17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, first of all, congratulations on the baby! Second, it is good to know that you also decided to get back in shape.

The first thing I can tell you is for you to be patient and to not quit. If at some point something is not working, you just adjust, but don't allow yourself to say that this isn't for you. There will be times where might be harder and where certain things might happen that you don't understand, so try to clarify your doubts and questions with someone knowledgeable about these topics.

As people said here, in the first 2-3 months, I wouldn't suggest you cut calories fast. My suggestion would be for you to focus on building habits of eating more healthy and in starting to do exercise 2-3 times per week.
    Something very important to have in mind is to eat a good amount of protein while dieting. 100gr of protein on a daily basis for you is a good start. To help you with that you might consider in buying whey powder.

But to summarize all these points: eat around 1500Kcal and around 100gr of protein on a daily basis. Exercise 2-3x per week, where at least 2 of those workouts include some type of strength exercises. Focus on that for the first 2 months and from there you can adjust things.

On last tip: as mentioned above, walking 1-2h daily will help a lot. Being seated at home won't :)

Good luck, and if you need specific help, feel free to message me.
  • becomingahealthymama
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of a 13 mo old and we are just starting to wean. I've lost all but 6 of my 30 pregnancy pounds... my advice would be just to eat according to your body's needs. Please don't obsess with counting calories and making hard and fast rules, sacrificing much needed sleep! EBF takes a lot of calories everyday and even more when your child goes through their growth spurts! Be patient, focus on healthy whole food and just listen to your body :)
  • NatalieShinn
    NatalieShinn Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi I'm a new mom to a 7 week old little boy. I'm pumping due to horrible latching problems .
    I tried to put on my loose pre pregnancy jeans today and I damn near had a panic attack . I gained about 40 pounds during the pregnancy . I've lost about 13 but feel like I need to loose a 100 . I am so discouraged and depressed that my body has changed so much . I used to be an active police officer but now I'm a stay at home mom. Dealing with a lot of isolation and anxiety post partum and all this weight is reallllllllly taking a toll on my sanity . It's really hard .
  • emily_jade00
    emily_jade00 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby! Add me if you like.
  • emily_jade00
    Options
    So, only half of my post was posted...
  • emily_jade00
    Options
    Anyone can add me if they like.
  • ekelley44
    ekelley44 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd love some mom friends to chat with! I have two boys, one is 2 and a half and the other is 8 weeks. I gained 40 lbs with both pregnancies. I was able to lose it all with my first son. I have 20 pounds to go from my last pregnancy, and then some! Im exclusively breastfeeding my little one so I set my calories to lose .5 lbs per week/sedentary and it gave me 1730 calories per day. However I'm just using that as a guideline and trying to just make healthy choices and focus on my hunger cues. Feel free to add me!
  • ekelley44
    ekelley44 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a new mom to a 7 week old little boy. I'm pumping due to horrible latching problems .
    I tried to put on my loose pre pregnancy jeans today and I damn near had a panic attack . I gained about 40 pounds during the pregnancy . I've lost about 13 but feel like I need to loose a 100 . I am so discouraged and depressed that my body has changed so much . I used to be an active police officer but now I'm a stay at home mom. Dealing with a lot of isolation and anxiety post partum and all this weight is reallllllllly taking a toll on my sanity . It's really hard .

So sorry you're having a tough time. I know where you're coming from...I want all of my extra weight gone now but I know that it takes time, which is super frustrating. With my first son I just kept on rocking out the maternity pants...longer than I had to just because they were more comfortable :smile: Having a baby is a huge transition so please don't beat yourself up and make sure to talk to supportive people in your life about how you're feeling.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I wasn't in great shape pre-kids, so I'm trying to get there now. :D I have 3 kids (7, 6 and 5 years old). Only thing to add would be to account for your breastfeeding (I believe add 300-500 more calories).
  • brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 13 month old little girl. Still breastfeeding, but not as often now that she’s older. I’ve lost 25 pounds, and still have about 35 to go before starting recomposition.
  • ESMLoses
    ESMLoses Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of four. The youngest is two months. I have 30 lbs I need to take off. I'm not bfing, but the struggle is real!! I don't have any MFP friends. I need some accountability for this, so any mommas can feel free to add me.