I keep falling off track..

Options
I start out doing good, eating better, excercising more but that only lasts like a week and i end up falling off the wagon and binge eating again. I need help, i know my way of eating is not normal. I keep trying and trying but always end up in the same place... so frustrated

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    aifos99 wrote: »
    I start out doing good, eating better, excercising more but that only lasts like a week and i end up falling off the wagon and binge eating again. I need help, i know my way of eating is not normal. I keep trying and trying but always end up in the same place... so frustrated

Don't make the track so difficult to stay on.
  • cmvanzalinge
    cmvanzalinge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Agree with @livingleanlivingclean What do you mean by being good and eating better? If that is not working as you fall off the wagon then maybe it is too restrictive.

What are your goals, your stats and what are you trying to achieve? Personally when I started I started taking babysteps by not changing too much. All I did was say no to non logged snacks and sweets offered. I gave myself a 1 month challenge there.I could oversee the time frame and that worked for me. After that month I had learned to say no and took a next step. Got me to my big goal too.

I agree. Make one small change make it a habit. Been choose another change. Before you know it eating better just comes naturally. I also agree with everyone else says don’t make it too restrictive. Feel free to add me.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    Agree that the overly restrictive issue has to be addresssed.

But let's talk about "falling off" aka quiting. Commit to tracking everything all the time. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Binges included.

Don't recall exactly what you ate or how much? Do your best. Put a good faith number on everything. Everyone can track their good days. Track when it hurts.

This for starters. Just do it. Log it all even on the bad days because being honest with yourself will help you break those bad habits.

Second, figure out what your triggers are. My binges always have triggers and one of them is not eating enough during the day makes me go into a kind of panic mode where I just eat and eat and eat late into the night. Others are certain foods that I feel like I can't put down (Potato chips), so I don't buy them. Another one for me is alcohol. Focus on changing your habits, but take it slow. Don't go too aggressive if it causes you to crash and burn.
  • pwedge68
    pwedge68 Posts: 36 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am 49 years old and dealing with the change. I just recently started Zoloft and finally feel like myself again. Anyway I need to get this extra weight off of me! I want to eat healthier and exercise. I have recently joined a gym which is awesome and I can get my strength training in as well as my cardio. Now I just need to stay on track counting my calories and see how I do. I will have to work on being honest with myself and tracking everything the good and bad. I want to live a healthier lifestyle! Please if anyone wants to be a friend send me a Friend request.