Weight Watchers

Options
So I recently ended my membership with weight watchers, I did lose 48 pounds on the program since January but have recently concluded that I am not eating enough and that’s why I am hungry all the time. I got 30 points on ww a day but I always ate around 33-36, mainly because I workout 6 days a week and I need the extra points. So I entered in all my food that I would eat on a normal ww day and it’s not even 1100 calories

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Unless you were weighing your food while on WW or exclusively eating packaged goods, it's likely you were eating more than that. That said, from what I've heard about weight watchers, you're supposed to add fruit and veg and not assign them points.. so perhaps you were eating 1100-1400 of point-valued foods and 100-200 cals of fruit.

You were probably undereating some days more than needed to lose weight. Use the MFP calorie goals, count everything (fruit, veg, sauces, etc) and use a food scale.
  • newwed412
    newwed412 Posts: 68 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Actually I do weigh everything out, I am ocd and everything has to be right. I put in the fruits and veggies on mfp as I did on ww whether it had points or not.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Depending on your food choices for the day your calories may vary. Some days I had 1300 calories for low fruit, high protein days and up to 2000 calories on days where I ate a ton of 0 point foods. Proof right there that 0 point doesn't equal a calorie free all you can eat. I actually gained weight on weeks when I substituted fruit salads (huge ones) for 150 calorie desserts because they had points. So yes it is possible to under or over eat on 30 pts. I lost about 60 lbs on WW and got 30 pts too.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,291 Member
    Options
    i went on weight watchers years ago.. i was so hungry I thought I'd cry. I'd never go back.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    newwed412 wrote: »
    So I recently ended my membership with weight watchers, I did lose 48 pounds on the program since January but have recently concluded that I am not eating enough and that’s why I am hungry all the time. I got 30 points on ww a day but I always ate around 33-36, mainly because I workout 6 days a week and I need the extra points. So I entered in all my food that I would eat on a normal ww day and it’s not even 1100 calories

The problem with the new WW points system is it's not necessarily tied to calories anymore. Certain foods are given higher point values to discourage you from eating them. But the good news is (if you believe the advertising) users are losing weight faster with the new program......gee, who knew? Under eating makes you lose faster.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/holistic-or-horrifying-not-everyone-loves-weight-watchers-new-program/2015/12/24/ce96cf38-a97f-11e5-8058-480b572b4aae_story.html?utm_term=.8389e331875c
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I never did WW, but the simplicity of MFP (CI > CO) for weight loss just made way more measurable sense to me. I could weigh my food and feel like I had a control and understanding of WHY I was losing weight. It's the first time I really "got it" and now 95lbs later, well, it's 95lbs later...
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm on WW now, I'm never hungry. Yes you only get 30 points a day, you choose to use them wisely. You also get an extra 35 points a week to use for whatever you want or as a buffer for days when you go over. You can also get TONS of extra points for exercise. It's only Wednesday and I have 57 extra points so far just based on exercise alone. If you chose to only eat the 30 points a day that's your choice but it's not a fault with the program in my opinion. You choose what to eat just like with any other program.