New to MFP... Come say hi!

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the MFP community. I'm very excited to be on this site! I was previously on Sparkpeople (sarahnicole__17) and have decided to start using MFP for the ease of tracking food/nutrition. Not to mention how wonderful the message boards and networking is. Feel free to give me pointers to this site and stop by my page as I am really new.

So far, I have updated my profile and tracked my first day of fitness and meals.

In February 2011 I had a slip and fall at work that has stunted my progress. I go to physio 2-3 times a week since the fall and it has been a really struggle to get to this point. I have gained all of the weight that I have lost and I'm easing back into light cardio and strength training. So far, I can walk and ride the vertical bike without pain. Before falling, I was almost at 200 pounds inverted leg press and now I'm lucky if I can do 60 pounds. I try to walk whenever possible and its hard for me to go into the gym and not overexert myself as I'm aching to start lifting again.

I would greatly appreciate some new friends on this site. Thank you!

Replies

• minnie22
    minnie22 Posts: 60
    Welcome to mfp, you can add me if you want too.
  • overzoelous
    overzoelous Posts: 161 Member
    Welcome! You can do anything you put your mind to. Just take it slow and make sure not to over-do yourself. This site has a great support system, hope you enjoy!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Welcome aboard! I started using MFP because of the Android App. It definitely makes keeping track of everything so much easier. And I can honestly say that it's helped to make a difference. Even if I weren't doing cardio, knowing what I'm shoving down my throat really makes a difference. And it's always fun to look up calories when you're with a group of friends... and then watching them order something else in disappointment. lol

Hopefully your PT helps get you straightened out. I know that having an injury can really hinder any sort of weight-loss goals. Good luck to you!
  • Hey welcome to MFP :D I love the site...feel free to add me
  • bman756
    bman756 Posts: 4 Member
    WELCOME ITS BEEN A GREAT TOOL TO LOOSE WEIGHT.
  • cycle_queen
    cycle_queen Posts: 49 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you guys better.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Welcome, look forward to your progress!
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Hi:flowerforyou: Feel free to add me
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Welcome! You'll find great support on this site.