wish to diet but cant give up on pepsi

Options

Replies

• dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    You can still drink Pepsi, just limit your intake. Look at how many calories a day you have to work with and fit some into it. Keep in mind that it's still not a healthy option, so make sure you fit it in with whatever your daily sugar amount is too. You can lose weight on a fully unhealthy diet, but that will still mess you up in terms of overall health. Do they make Pepsi with Splenda? If so, try that.

A lot of people will talk about sugar being evil and being a sole cause of weight gain or whatever the evil of the day is. But you can still eat/drink it in moderation. The moderation is the key to any diet, weight-loss or not. You have to balance it like everything else. It may take a bit of pre-planning on your part and drinking less, but as long as you balance it with nutritional options, you can do it.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Just work the Pepsi into your calories if you can't (won't) give it up. I went cold turkey off of Mtn Dew from sometimes up to 7 20oz/day...so it can be done!
  • ffrommann
    ffrommann Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Maxx tastes just as good))))
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I heard diet one is bad for teeth
    I wish to cut calories in other things but people say its not about the calories its the sugar :/ im not sure should I continue drinking but just diet one ?

Nope - as others said, it's not just diet sodas, carbonated beverages in general are bad for the teeth because they're acidic. Some dentists recommend rinsing your mouth after drinking one.
  • aaron14moore
    aaron14moore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Need to lose 12 kgs please help :( I tried alot but just cant give up on pepsi

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Cutting out High octane(sugary) sodas was one of the things that helped arrest/slow my weight gain some years back when I noticed that I was gaining more quickly than I wanted to be.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    My husband gave up Coke when he was diagnosed with diabetes. He couldn't stand the taste of diet Coke or diet Pepsi. However diet Mountain Dew doesn't taste at all bad, so we switched to that. For a while we tried diet Dr. Pepper and Fresca, which also tasted better than diet coke/pepsi.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

For me it was regular sugared Coke. The equivalent of 5-8 12-oz cans per day. The diet stuff tastes awful to me.

When I decided to start tracking, I fit it into my logging and measuring and tried hard to cut back. It was difficult at first. Then, as I started to lose weight and get stronger, the results started to help me motivate to cut it down more.

I now drink about 4 12-ounce cans per week, if that. Some weeks a couple more, most weeks a little less, some weeks none at all.

I'm not one of those people who, when they stop, can't drink it again. It's still my favorite drink. But I've liked my results more.

If I can cut this stuff back, anyone can.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Replace with diet version and cut out slowly/replace with something else. Habits can be broken, takes time and effort.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Carbonated water is bad for teeth (not quite as bad as sugary drinks though!). Carbon dioxide is highly corrosive.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    mazdauk wrote: »
    Carbonated water is bad for teeth (not quite as bad as sugary drinks though!). Carbon dioxide is highly corrosive.

Not sure what your source is for this, but it's just wrong.

Water is corrosive.

Carbon dioxide alone is not corrosive

Carbon dioxide in conjunction with water is corrosive, Just about as corrosive as water alone.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I second the suggestions to try out the zero calorie beverages out there. Might find something you like!
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    200 lbs :love: amazing I will start drinking it :D thank you everyone its just my family who keep discouraging me to diet cause they say I have to leave pepsi to diet -_- thanks alot everyone :D hugs

Sounds like it's time for a FAMILY MEETING. Everyone needs to be on the same page. They need to understand where you are and where you are going and why.

I used to say the same about my A&W Root Beer until I saw how much sugar/carbs was in just 1 bottle. You can't deprive yourself of everything because of a change in diet. But, you have to account for it IN your diet. I still have my root beer. I just use it now as that rare treat when I go to the movies. There are many options for drinks out there that can gradually take the place of your Pepsi drinks. You just have to experiment with them and see which ones satisfy more.