Returning to weight loss

Options
Hey all, my name is Erin. I joined MFP back in 2013.
At the time I was 33 years old, 167 pounds and training to be a Park Ranger. My husband and I hiked a lot but for some reason I wasn’t losing weight so I knew I had to step it up. I changed my diet and made it a habit to run/walk every day after work. Fast forward 5 months later and I managed to get down to 147! I was so happy with myself, I felt great. A few more months later my husband and I were excited to find out we were pregnant. Throughout my pregnancy I maintained my healthy eating and turned my running into walking. By the time it was time to have my son I had only gained 20 pounds, I was proud, my doctor said I did great.
But when my son was born I (like many women) went through postpartum depression and started eating badly again, I was alone for most the day, I couldn’t breast feed well and rarely got a good nights sleep, I started gaining weight quickly and at the time, I didn’t care.
After a while my doctor enrolled me into a “mommy and me” support group and this changed me, I was able to get out of my funk and back on track.
We ended up moving to Alabama when my son turned 2 (that’s a whole other story) but by the time we got here I was 179 pounds and feeling completely helpless. My son had so much energy and I couldn’t keep up. I knew I needed to get back into MFP and start over again. So here I am. My current stats are:
Height: 5’6
Weight: 174.4
Goal: 135
I would love some friends to chat with and be motivated with, please add me if your active most days on MFP, I plan on staying accountable and helping others do the same. Thanks for reading!

Replies

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well welcome back!!! And congrats on getting back to your healthy self. Its hard, being a mom, wife, friend trying to be healthy. But you can do it!
  • fitnessminded1
    fitnessminded1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am sure you can do it Erin!
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hello from a couple of towns over to the south of you.

You can do this!
  • michellehinz
    michellehinz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I've fallen off the wagon too, time to get it together !