Looking for keto friends or just people who want to get healthy

Options
I have been doing keto two weeks. I like it so far and it has shown good results. Just looking for some support and friends on the same journey

Replies

• missesquirejd
    missesquirejd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I’m keto. Feel free to add me.
  • leelee8433
    leelee8433 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new ... what's keto?
  • debbiebondklein
    debbiebondklein Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me
  • annaofsmile
    annaofsmile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am just starting Keto this week - very glad to join with others. I need support.
  • EllenSBry
    EllenSBry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ck2d wrote: »
    EllenSBry wrote: »
    leelee8433 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new ... what's keto?

Keto is essentially low carb, high protein, moderate fat.

No that's Atkins.

Keto is low carb, high fat, moderate protein.
    The ideal macro breakdown for keto is 5% of calories from carbs, 75% from fat, and 20% from protein.

Remember that carbs and protein has ~4 calories per gram, and fat has ~9 calories per gram - don't make the mistake of doing that macro breakdown by weight.
    Also - the carbs are net carbs, total carbs minus the fiber. MFP won't do that calculation for you, but you can adjust your diary to show the fiber figures so you can easily do the net carbs calculation.

True on all counts, but since protein is a goal, and fat is a limit, I personally think it makes sense to think of it as high protein and moderate fat.
    In case you want to make the net carb thing easier (not that simple subtraction is hard), there is a script you can run to make it calculate the net carbs. Here's a link: https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript
  • nazorken
    nazorken Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me!
  • aakoop
    aakoop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me!
  • Adidastrwars
    Adidastrwars Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love to inspired new friends :)! Friend me :D
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I've been following Low Carb off and on for about 8 years. Good luck everyone! Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • DevKal17
    DevKal17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    SO! I have been using Keto OS for about 2 weeks and just started counting macros for Keto (I have been counting macros with way higher carbs than "keto" for ages) this week after a strong plateau. Today I did my first ever intermittent fast.....and my tummy is all messed up! ahhhh! I don't think I'm going to be able to intermittently fast on weight training days. I'll be running to the bathroom too often!
  • Borkiesgirl
    Borkiesgirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto last week, still figuring things out. I'd love to be added to be able to continue to learn.
  • mholzem24
    mholzem24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started the ketogenic diet October 1st and have lost 10 pounds, but I feel like I could be doing something wrong because the weight has somewhat stopped coming off! I'd love to have support from other keto people!
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!
  • sabhay
    sabhay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm keto. You can add me
  • stepea83
    stepea83 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    on Wk3 - feel free to add me
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been doing "Ketoish/Lower Carb" for 3 days. Feel free to add me as well!
  • jillyjjac
    jillyjjac Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3, but feel free to add me!
  • rhaywith4
    rhaywith4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been “keto” or as I tell everyone “no sugar/carb” since September 15. I love it. I also do IF on 16:8 basis, and incorporate 24-48 if I am not hungry. It’s a total lifestyle change. You can add me.