Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

6 months at crossfit and transformation

2»

Replies

• akopesky
    akopesky Posts: 42 Member
    Great job! I joined crossfit 6 months ago & agree so much with your post. I can relate to the being the biggest one in classes sometimes but everyone has been so supportive. Keep up the great work!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,061 Member
    Are there any older people in most cross fit gyms? 60's?
  • MaryYoungmark
    MaryYoungmark Posts: 66 Member
    NextPage wrote: »
    Just finished a session and was feeling kind of down until I read your post. Not because it wasn't fun and hard work but because I wasn't graceful like the ninja warriors on TV. Thank you for reminding me that I am at the gym to "change my life and create health and happiness". No one but me cares about my red face and giggly bits. P.S. You look amazing!

Thank you! Keep at it! Give it a month or so before you decide it's not for you! I finished last almost every workout and still finish last sometimes. But I have made MAJOR progress! The only person you are truly competing against is yourself!
  • MaryYoungmark
    bisky wrote: »
    Are there any older people in most cross fit gyms? 60's?

Yep! There's quite a few at my gym and I've seen even older in videos online. Crossfit is truly scaleable to anyone at any age and any level of fitness. I have a friend who is wheel chair bound who has been going to crossfit for the past couple months and she loves it. It's literally for anyone who wants to improve their fitness!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Congrats on your progress, you look amazing! While i'm currently just oly lifting now, I too found a love of fitness through Crossfit and lost about 100 pounds doing it so I love seeing stories of others that have had the same experience. Keep up the great work!
  • cbrealtor55
    cbrealtor55 Posts: 37 Member
    The biggest misconception about Crossfit is that you have to be in shape. That's not true, but you have to check your ego at the door and understand that you are going to get your butt kicked everyday and that everyone in the box had to start somewhere.
  • MaryYoungmark
    Congrats on your progress, you look amazing! While i'm currently just oly lifting now, I too found a love of fitness through Crossfit and lost about 100 pounds doing it so I love seeing stories of others that have had the same experience. Keep up the great work!

Congrats on your success!!! I love/hate the cardio aspect of crossfit but I definitely feel like it's something I need. I'm sure at some point I will want to focus more on building muscle
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Congrats!

I follow CrossFit programmed WODs on my own nearly every day, yesterday's from mainsite was a real butt kicker, and just started going to an affiliate on the weekend when they offer a free "community workout."

I love it. My local box is going to be moving into a new, bigger, location soon and I'll probably become a full member once they do. Right now their facility is too small to really allow people to workout beyond the class being taught, and I prefer to supplement my CrossFit WODs with traditional strength training, so I want to be able to do both.
  • donna_77
    donna_77 Posts: 8 Member
    Smashing IT! Well done.

Best thing I ever did was join Crossfit. Only regret is not finding it earlier B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!