Lose 10 lbs in August Challenge (Part 2)

Options
Fear not, August challengers! We will continue our thread even if they limit us to 500 posts per thread!! :drinker:

Replies

• pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    :flowerforyou: awesome!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Wow...we are really topping the charts with this month's challenge!! Let's burn some calories and lose some pounds ALL, but especially the RED TEAM!!!:laugh:
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pocha0704
    Options
    Do they do a top/winning team at the end of the month? How does that work when we have diff number of people? I just want our team to win!! :devil: :bigsmile:
  • blueillusion3
    blueillusion3 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    loving the challenge thus far!!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    woo woo!!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    saving
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    Woot!
  • kjpollard
    Options
    Fear not, August challengers! We will continue our thread even if they limit us to 500 posts per thread!! :drinker:

what thread do we go to to find the Red team list?
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

what thread do we go to to find the Red team list?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305137-loose-10lbs-in-august-red-team-support

It's on there somewhere - I haven't updated it today, though, so not everyone is on it yet.
  • Athena413
    Options
    Do they do a top/winning team at the end of the month? How does that work when we have diff number of people? I just want our team to win!! :devil: :bigsmile:

There's not really a winner - or there hasn't been in the past - just here to motivate and support each other in reaching a common goal!
  • HappyHealthyHolly
    HappyHealthyHolly Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    In case you missed what we're all about, here is part of SommerJo's original post:

This is an open group -- you can enter whenever you find us. We roll with 3 team captains.

Tiffypooh2u -- A-H -- Team Blue
    Jrdoty8986 -- I-P -- Team Red
    SommerJo -- Q-Z -- Team Purple

They way it works --- Based on your Username -- send a friend request to the Team Captain who's got your letter. Make sure you include your starting weight. The Team Captain will add you to the chart. On Fridays (8/5,8/12,8/19,8/26) send your current weight to your Captain by message. Our Final Weigh in will be 8/31 - I know it's a Wednesday -- but that'll give us a few extra days to work towards the goal.

Between the 3 of us -- we'll come up with a nifty weekly challenge too.

Also - in case you missed it - our mini-challenge for this week is to burn a total of 3,500 calories through exercise. Broken up, that's just 500 calories/day. Good luck to all!!
  • lisateachawa
    lisateachawa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marleneakameme
    Options
    Omg, i am going to figure this out. Trying to learnto move through the website etc.
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    *bump* = Go Red Team!
  • Nguyentersnow
    Nguyentersnow Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump for spartans :)
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Come on the REDs!!

So even though week 1 is only 5 days who is trying to burn 3500 calories in the week? 700 per day is do-able, isn't it?

I'm a bit behind that target (1170 in 2 days) but I think I can make it up.
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Go Spartans!! We've got this!! ;D