Early Morning Workout-ers

2»

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited October 2017
    Not a fan of it, but I get up at 4am to do my strength work. I spend an hour making breakfast and organizing for the day, work out, shower, and then head to school.

I am much better about getting steps in after school, as it directly affects what and how much I get to eat in the evenings. Sad motivation, I know, but there it is. LOL
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I ride in the AM during the summer to beat the heat. I usually get up around 5:30 and gear up and then go get a cup of coffee and hang out on my back patio for 15-20 minutes to wake up while I'm fiddling around with my Garmin and Strava...I'm usually on my bike by 6 AM...my weekday rides are typically 30-45 minutes so I'm back to the house by 6:45 at the latest...quick shower and out the door by 7:15 to get to work.

The first week or two of the summer season is a bit rough, but once I'm into the routine it's no biggie.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I go to bed ridiculously early, like 9, asleep by 9:30. Even on weekends. I don’t ever watch TV, so I’m not missing anything.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Yeah, bed no later than 10om, everything packed or laid out the night before, and a solid morning routine. My alarm is set for 5am but generally I wake up on my own around 4:30. You will find you will have more energy during the day after working out in the morning.
  • jaquibleu
    jaquibleu Posts: 7 Member
    It's not something I like t do, and there are morning I'm only half awake. Thankfully I only have to walk into another room in the house to exercise. I get up at 4:45 and when it's all done, I'm so proud of myself for getting out of bed. Set out clothes, shoes, etc. the night before. Get into bed at night a little ear, even if you stare at the ceiling to start with! Eventually your body's sleep schedule will adjust.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    I don’t get up that early now, but I have in the past, and I’m still a first thing in the morning person. I always set out my entire outfit next to the bed, have my gym bag ready, and set things up for coffe first thing in the morning. If I had to, I’d put a little coffee pot right next to the bed. When I lived somewhere cold, I had an electric fireplace w a remote and I’d turn it on as soon as the alarm when off, an press sleep once.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Pick something fun that you will look forward to doing. Get into a routine. I started out doing only 20 min easy workouts, then 30 min, and just increased over time to 40min- 1 hr. I usually get up at 5:15 but will adjust if need be. I workout at home, in my underwear and a sport bra, the main thing I have to do is get my hair secured. You will get used to it.