Is my stomach normal? Is it some problem or visceral fat?

lovebarbados
lovebarbados Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I find that I consistenly worry about the appearance and shape of my stomach. Especially because from the side, it always seems to form an "s" shape which seems disproportionate on my body, because I am thin and have never been overweight. I often look at others of a similar small size to myself and think that their stomachs seem so much flatter and uniform. People close to me tell me that I have nothing to worry about, but I still fret over my stomach wondering, is it normal? Does it have to do with body fat? Does it really look abnormal, like there is a problem? I have attached pictures from three angles...f5lj12b2zibj.jpg

Replies

• Adammmmm119
    Adammmmm119 Posts: 171 Member
    I totally understand wanting to improve everything... but your stomach is totally normal. Unless one of your personal goals is to have a 6-pack you don’t have to worry about it much
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    We're all built differently. Anyone who has ribs and hips showing does not need to lose weight to try to get a six pack.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Normal
  • teags84mfp
    teags84mfp Posts: 49 Member
    Every body is unique and special, including yours. Please don't be so hard on yourself and put your body under a microscope, you are perfect because you are you. I know this is a hard thing to do. You seem fairly young, but you will get to an age where it just won't bother you as much anymore and you will appreciate your uniqueness. Try not to compare yourself with others, they are different to you in the same way some people have blue eyes or blonde hair.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    It may be interesting to consider the lumbar curvature of your lower spine. Take a look/selfie while you stand with your lower spine a bit more erect and see if what you're seeing there is a bit more tolerable.

There should be a few articles & studies relating to increased lumbar curvature / lordosis in ladies as being related to the fashionable "big booty" figure... (pushing out your butt = additional curvature = the con

Might be worth taking a look or even having that looked at (professional, not just some dirty old man), if you're concerned about it.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Yeah, posture. I naturally want to sit into my hips and cause an anterior tilt. When I do I get that shaping to my stomach. There's is also an element of that being the natural shape of my tummy due to organ placement too.

Strengthen your core which will help your posture and also try to be more mindful of it. You do not have a fat tummy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited October 2017
    Your stomach is normal and you look on the thin side. Your posture is not straight which pushes your stomach out (could be postural or structural). I have the structural kind, my spine just curves that way because it healed funny after an accident. Some people have this posture without structural issues and I've noticed it in many, but I see it in some women more often now than before because this posture makes the butt look bigger. Are you able to push your hips in? Even the structural kind is not really harmful unless extreme.

Lordosis.jpg