were you 220lbs (100kgs) ?

Options

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    good for you rine, u have lost what i wanna lose, 10-20 kgs.. :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    i'm ... speechless you ladies are all amazing!!!!!!! i'd love to pick your brains and get your support, cause there are days where i dont feel i can do it, if you wanna help me... please add me as friend :) and i will do my best to modivate you as well!!!
  • LeeBeeW
    LeeBeeW Posts: 100
    Options
    I am 5ft and in 2009 I was 130kgs!

It has taken 2 years but I am almost at my goal. I am 85kgs at the moment.

My main issue was over eating so by cutting back my portions and starting to exercise (walking) made the weight come off. After a year i joined a gym but now I just go walking everyday.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    wow, see i'd be happy at 85kgs... been this weight for so long..... i think i was l,ike 80 back in high school... :( size 16
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    i'm about220lbs,(100kgs in australia) and 5"0 (155cm)... looking for people who were that weight to share their success stories and modivation... how long has it taken you to get to your goal weight ? are you still working on it? whats helped you get going ??? your modivatons? whats worked for you....???

Hi,
    I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm new here, & i'm hoping for the same thing as you, wondering the same things...I'm in Australia, i'm not too familiar with pounds at all...I used to be 82kilos, then i ballooned to 115kilos. I'm currently at 102 kilos. but i got down to 102 from being sick for a few months, not by trying, lol.... I'm not sure where to start with it all, so any kind of help would be fantastic :-)
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I started off at exactly 220 when I used this program but mind you I was much bigger before due to mire fat which takes up room. I'm now down to about 198 I know 22 pounds isn't a lot of weight for 6 months compared to others that lost 50 in that time frame but it's better than no weight at all. I've also been getting a wave of compliments telling me I've lost a lot and look great. Honestly I have no desire to be thin I just want to have a flat stomach, look healthy and desirable to the opposite sex. I've always been the big girl in my class, family and group of friends and I'm tired of it. I see friends sharing clothes all the time and I'd love to be able to borrow my friends cute dress. Eventually I'd like to be down to 175 and if possible 165 and stop there. I know I will always weigh heavier because I have more muscle but as long as I look lean that's fine with me. it's definitely not an easy road and I find myself being very lazy and feeling unmotivated lately but I know if I quit I'll end up at 220 again. I never ever thought I'd be able to lose weight I almost gave up but you can do it trust me and trust yourself.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    wow, bellamia, well done :) realy u should be proud of your self..!!!!

melinda. i gues sthe best place to start is here, i havent had much experience with losing weight but, us the calori counter in the program, and excerise, eat fresh veg and fruit, i use val ( .. i cant spell it ) that green lable V yoghurt), and oats, or strawberries. i dont like to eat low fat things as they useually have more sugar in them or the fake sugar i dont like.. and lots of water... its amazing learning about the cals in food. i had no idea meat had so many cals in them!!! so i think i will be mostly vego lol.. i wish you the best in your journey, :) feel free to add me if you ladies like xoxox here's to us ALL :)
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I started on here at around 95kg (210ish), I'm 5'2. I joined up to lose weight for my Wedding which was November last year and managed to get down to 80kg then. After that I got a bit slack with Christmas and kids on School holidays and put back on about 4kg. Then in February I joined up with the Michelle Bridges 12 week body transformation and it just clicked with me and I have been losing steadily since then. I'm now just under 65kg which is lighter than I can ever remember being :smile: I'm now about a standard Aus size 12, I'm a classic pear shape and don't think I will ever lose my hips and butt but it is much smaller than it was when I started out a size 18/20!! I am aiming to get to under 60kg, I never dreamed before I could get there but now its less than 5kg away.

For me joining the gym and getting my heart rate monitor has been a huge help with the exercise side of things, I love to challenge myself to keep my heart rate over 150 which I know means I am working hard!! Foodwise I just log everything and try to stay around 1200, I eat most things within reason and I do have my bad days (or lately its been bad weekends :grumble: ) but you just have to get back on track and keep going, the weight will come off!!

Good luck :smile:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    WOW i wish i was 220lbs! how about that one...i'm getting there tho!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I started at 220 exactly!

what are u at now, you dont look big at all !!! :)

Now I'm 176-approximately.

Edit: I've still got a ways to go, but luckily my weight distributes well! [:

Thank you!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I started in January this year at 92kg, just over 200 pounds.
    6 months later I'm sitting around 73-74 kg, wanting a lose another 3 or kg, but finding it hard to keep up the motivation at the moment.

Even if you aren't highly motivated, log your food anyway, I found that really helps.
    And if you can drag yourself out for a run or walk or any kind of exercise, that always gives me a bit of a boost. In fact, I feel cranky now if i DON'T run - this is amazing, as I was never a runner, but I started with C25K in January, and here I am, about to run a 12k race.

You can do it too!
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    hush : good for you!!!!

trud: what do u weigh ? from your pic you dont look that big, are u tall ???

amanda: i hope to follow you one day, but for me 85-80 kgs would be enough for me :) as i wanna stay curvy its just my tummy that bothers me.. but we will see when and if i get to that weight to begin with anyways lol...
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    I started in January this year at 92kg, just over 200 pounds.
    6 months later I'm sitting around 73-74 kg, wanting a lose another 3 or kg, but finding it hard to keep up the motivation at the moment.

Even if you aren't highly motivated, log your food anyway, I found that really helps.
    And if you can drag yourself out for a run or walk or any kind of exercise, that always gives me a bit of a boost. In fact, I feel cranky now if i DON'T run - this is amazing, as I was never a runner, but I started with C25K in January, and here I am, about to run a 12k race.

You can do it too!
    wow, you've done so well..!!! i'm gonna try that c25k thing.. have down loaded the first one, now to get a ipod, and a what do u reccomend, a pedometer? or a heart monitor? .. i am gonna make a healthy vegi soup tonight... i just feel slack and have no energy to do anything today.. well past two days.. and i ate kfc this morning... might go to the gym even just to correctly weigh myself.. :/ good luck with the race !!! :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hush : good for you!!!!

trud: what do u weigh ? from your pic you dont look that big, are u tall ???

amanda: i hope to follow you one day, but for me 85-80 kgs would be enough for me :) as i wanna stay curvy its just my tummy that bothers me.. but we will see when and if i get to that weight to begin with anyways lol...

i weigh 240 odd at the mo and am 5 ft 8"...
    i wanna have curves again too...well the top 1/2 (tummy upwards)is doing ok quite happy with that!and my legs and bum too....just the bloody tummy to get rid of and i will be happy...the weight really doesnt matter to me anymore...like it does everyone else! lol i suppose when you have been a uberfatty like me it changes your whole outlook lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    C25K is cool, it got me from not running at all, to running 30 mins non stop. Now I can run for an hour or more - still very slow, but I don't care about speed, I'm just happy to be running :)
    I downloaded a C25K app for my iPhone, but if you don't have an iPhone I'm pretty sure there are podcasts that will play on any mp3 player.

Now I use Runkeeper on my iPhone which tracks how far and how fast I run/walk/cycle. It also calculates calories, so I tend to use either these or MFP cals as I don't have an HRM.

Veggie soup sounds like a great idea - it's good and warm to keep you going in winter. I just had chicken and veggie soup for lunch (I made it with chicken lovely legs from woolworths - they are skinless legs with the knobbly drumstick end cut off) so they add lots of flavour without too many calories.
    Try adding a bit of star anise (you get in in the spices section at the supermarket), it adds a fabulous fragrance to the soup.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Hiya

I was 102kg at my heaviest (April) and had been going to the gym for a year with zero impact. I now have a personal trainer for 1/2 hour a week on a Friday night (and started using MFP at the same time!). Being more aware of my food and cutting out snacking made a big difference but I have to say someone pushing me beyond what I think I can do (and not just using gym equipment so it's varied and fun) has vastly improved my fitness - which is my real goal, I want to be fit and healthy. My BMI would say I had 3 stones to lose at that point but I know that is vastly unrealistic. I've lost a stone (and put a bit back on over the holiday), and now struggling to find my gym / healthy eating mojo again... but I want to! :)
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i was 248lb may 2008 (daughter was born april 2008) jan 2009 i was 216 which is my starting weight. didn't know at the time but i was pregnant with my second daughter. i had to maintain through pregnancy, after having my daughter november 2009 i was 183lb, by june 2010 i weighed 195.6lb. got back on track and have been maintaining since june. currently 126.4lb (am 5ft 7" btw)
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    C25K is cool, it got me from not running at all, to running 30 mins non stop. Now I can run for an hour or more - still very slow, but I don't care about speed, I'm just happy to be running :)
    I downloaded a C25K app for my iPhone, but if you don't have an iPhone I'm pretty sure there are podcasts that will play on any mp3 player.

Now I use Runkeeper on my iPhone which tracks how far and how fast I run/walk/cycle. It also calculates calories, so I tend to use either these or MFP cals as I don't have an HRM.

Veggie soup sounds like a great idea - it's good and warm to keep you going in winter. I just had chicken and veggie soup for lunch (I made it with chicken lovely legs from woolworths - they are skinless legs with the knobbly drumstick end cut off) so they add lots of flavour without too many calories.
    Try adding a bit of star anise (you get in in the spices section at the supermarket), it adds a fabulous fragrance to the soup.

yeah i'm excited about the c25k.. i tried running and walking ... and had to push but i dunno if i run as long as they do on the pod cast.... :/ lol.. well once i get an ipod i will know :) now i'm off to make me a vegi soup.. :) i'm trying to be meatless most of the week, as i've had a lot as i love meat but wow, its very high in cals.... :( and i will have to work out how to add my vegi soup to MFP lol. that should be fun! :/
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Hiya

I was 102kg at my heaviest (April) and had been going to the gym for a year with zero impact. I now have a personal trainer for 1/2 hour a week on a Friday night (and started using MFP at the same time!). Being more aware of my food and cutting out snacking made a big difference but I have to say someone pushing me beyond what I think I can do (and not just using gym equipment so it's varied and fun) has vastly improved my fitness - which is my real goal, I want to be fit and healthy. My BMI would say I had 3 stones to lose at that point but I know that is vastly unrealistic. I've lost a stone (and put a bit back on over the holiday), and now struggling to find my gym / healthy eating mojo again... but I want to! :)

forgot to type before i posted !!! .. err! anyways... thats awesome.. yeah a p/t can do amazing things!!! i do want one as well. but the funniest thing is that i have talked to my self. whilst running. " right bernie, common you can do this, just to the next pole.. dont stop, nearly there".. i swear i'm not a nutter :P i do love that i have found MFP as counting cals is somthing i've never done before, and its taught me to read lables. and also portion sizes.. :)
    all the best with your journey :) i want to be fit as well.. i have just made 80kgs a goal. but getting down 5 kgs would be awesome, then maybe 5 after that :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    ohdear: wow you look sooo tiny in ur pics.. well done to u babe!!