I need some advice..

Options
NebularNeko
NebularNeko Posts: 20 Member
Many days I wake up and feel nauseous. I just can't eat and all day my appetite is gone. I end up not eating most of these days or eating very little.. I believe this is because of my gastritis even though I take medication to help it.
Are there any foods I can eat that might help ease my nausea or at least that will be really easy to keep down?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    It's probably going to be a trial-and-error process. Try eliminating certain foods for 4 - 6 weeks at least. Keep track of how you feel and go from there. Sorry I'm not of more help but I have digestive issues and I've found this is the best way to see what bothers my stomach and what doesn't. Patience and good record keeping helps.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    It's probably going to be a trial-and-error process. Try eliminating certain foods for 4 - 6 weeks at least. Keep track of how you feel and go from there. Sorry I'm not of more help but I have digestive issues and I've found this is the best way to see what bothers my stomach and what doesn't. Patience and good record keeping helps.

I agree with this. Then you can add things back one at a time and if it causes an issue you know it's the trigger.
    Also I agree with ginger. I love ginger tea and it helps a lot with my GERD. I also like mint or peppermint tea for the same reasons.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Many days I wake up and feel nauseous. I just can't eat and all day my appetite is gone. I end up not eating most of these days or eating very little.. I believe this is because of my gastritis even though I take medication to help it.
    Are there any foods I can eat that might help ease my nausea or at least that will be really easy to keep down?

Maybe try that oldie but goodie for morning nausea, a couple of saltines or dry bread. Mint, ginger, or fennel seed tea, all good for nausea. Make it the night before and drink it as you're getting up, all of them are good cold, as well as hot. You'll just have to try a few things and see what works for you. If it continues to be a problem, though you should talk to your doctor.
  • NebularNeko
    Options
    Thank you all for the great advice!! I will definitely be trying the ginger and the teas as well! I'll also be recording more of how foods make me feel during the day to see how things effect me. :smile: I hope the teas will help with my nausea at least.
  • NebularNeko
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I will be seeing my doctor in a few months, so if I don't see any change I will talk to him about it!
    Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar with honey? I have heard a rumor that it is good for some stomach issues but have never heard it straight from someone who has tried it.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Look up Elimination Diet. These will list and have you cut out foods that typically cause problems to people. It is a tedious tiresome process but will be better than feeling like crap all the time.