Hippy7791
Hippy7791 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Read the pic.. sorry I'm still figuring this forum thing out lol

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest, building the habit will go a long way toward success. Good luck

Not sure why you couldn't have just types that picture btw?
  • leonhnchan
    leonhnchan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Keep it up!
  • Hippy7791
    Hippy7791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I hope to keep it up! I've never had a regular excercise routine. @snowflake954 what helpful advice can you give me to maintain routine and not loose interest?
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to. I have OA and wake up stiff and sore every morning. My stretching and workout routine limbers me up so that I can do all my daily activities. For me exercise is a habit--like brushing your teeth, or washing your hands. Once you get to that point, you'll never quit, and the benefits are enormous for your health.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Good job getting started!
    Do something that moderately challenges your strength and fitness (but don't try the impossible or you'll get discouraged). Then you'll see progress and want to keep improving.
    Decide "why" you are doing this. Then make it part of your schedule and do it, whether or nor you feel interested or motivated on a specific day. If I only worked out on the days I felt motivated, I'd still weigh 300 lbs and be unable to walk up a set of stairs.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my morning workout and actually feel anxious if I might not get it. I try to alternate cardio(love kickboxing/turbo jam) with my weight training and yoga/PiYo. Try a lot of different exercises and instructors to see what you like, can stick to, and look forward to.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    My friends and family can’t believe that I’m getting up at 6:30 and walking the dogs or jogging, but it’s become a habit - I even ran in the snow last week! I love the feeling of starting the day with exercise.