Looking for keto friends doing the ketogenic life

Options
Hello,
Anybody want to be friends? I am doing the ketogenic lifestyle.

Help.

Replies

• einahpets_820
    einahpets_820 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Friday and it's going OK. Feel like I've had the keto flu the last couple days which isn't fun. But finding foods to eat isn't too hard. Even though it seems I eat a lot of eggs lol. I had lost 10lbs a couple months ago but gained it back and now after starting Friday I've lost 11lbs already. So definitely worth it. I'll add you as a friend, the more support the better
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi. I started on Monday and I'm feeling much better today. I'm trying this woe as I've just found out that I'm pre-diabetic. I'm also vegetarian. I'd like to be part of your support network. I shall send you both friend requests!
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Keto for a month now and finally losing again after a very long stall on counting calories.
  • pinto_bean
    pinto_bean Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m getting back on the keto wagon. Lost 15 pounds in September with this woe, and am excited to lose more! Always looking for new friends who understand this lifestyle.
  • Bunglie
    Bunglie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have epilepsy and was told that the ketone diet can prevent seizures. Does anyone know about this or anything more? If this is the case I would love to follow the ketone if diet but I will need help and support. Anyone willing to be my buddy?
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this WOE for a month now. It's really working for me. Down 9 pounds and loads of inches. Feel free to add me! There's some really supportive people on MFP. (as well as the usual non-supportive of anything they aren't doing personally. :wink: )
  • LeslieHuggins
    LeslieHuggins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto today. Need friends! Please add me if you wish! BTW....what does WOE stand for?
  • dmsl977
    dmsl977 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto today. Need friends! Please add me if you wish! BTW....what does WOE stand for?

Way of Eating
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bunglie wrote: »
    I have epilepsy and was told that the ketone diet can prevent seizures. Does anyone know about this or anything more? If this is the case I would love to follow the ketone if diet but I will need help and support. Anyone willing to be my buddy?

Without providing a long detailed history of the ketogenic diet, I will express that my on line reading has shown that a Medically Therapeutic Ketogenic Diet can be highly effective for some individuals in reducing or eliminating seizures. Prior to the intro of anti-seizure meds, a ketogenic diet was THE therapy for Epilepsy.

https://www.charliefoundation.org/

https://www.epilepsysociety.org.uk/treatment#.WfH5dWhSy00

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neurology_neurosurgery/centers_clinics/epilepsy/pediatric_epilepsy/ketogenic_diet.html

Type "Ketogenic Diet Neurology" or "Ketogenic Diet Epilepsy" into a youtube search and you'll find several videos that pertain. Dr. Eric Kassoff MD (Johns Hopkins) should have some with good information. This might be one:

I edited to remove the actual Dr. Kassoff video as I'm not sure we're allowed to post videos here but look up Dr. Kassoff....

I do not have Epilepsy. I did trial a Medically Therapeutic Ketogenic Diet for 52 weeks for a neurological movement disorder. There is considerable research being done regarding ketogenic diets and neurological disorders. Good luck!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since August, and I am now a keto evangelist. I've lost 5.2 pounds from 10/21 to 10/25 doing keto, intermittent fasting, and now about 20 minutes of exercise a day. But I was losing a good bit before I started exercising and this will only be day six of intermittent fasting.

Last time I weighed in I had been losing at 0.79 pounds per day. This time with overall increased physical activity throughout the day I have been dropping about a pound a day. That is only because I would need to be eating nearly 4400 calories to maintain my weight at this new activity level. Best of all I am NEVER hungry.

IMO keto is the way to go!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Bunglie wrote: »

Yes, I am finishing up on something I'm writing on keto and in 1921 the Mayo Clinic saw that keto helped to treat epilepsy. The University College of London saw that there was a 61% reduction in childhood epilepsy using keto as opposed to an 8% improvement without it. You can read more about that here.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4215472/ (This is just one study I cite in what I'm doing, this is not my study)

Speaking for myself there are many wonderful benefits of keto including mental clarity, and better energy. That is on top of mind-blowing weight loss and appetite suppression.
  • coffeecowgirl
    coffeecowgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Is there a group here on myfitnesspal for keto lifestylers?
  • fapurdie
    fapurdie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a few days in, and feeling the keto flu :-( BUT, I've lost 5 pounds in a week (water weight, but motivational nonetheless), and I'm not experiencing indigestion or some of the other symptoms that had been happening to me when I was eating the standard American diet. Excited about this journey, and the way ahead.
  • Adriennecooper72
    Adriennecooper72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting back on keto tomorrow after a few weeks of vacationing.
  • ToniMarieDeterminedly
    Options
    I'm no stranger to lchf/keto. I've had two surgeries this year but I managed to only gain the water weight back from my loss earlier this year. I am on day three.(I can't exercise until december) I am new to mfp app and I need friends!!
  • kyladawn17
    kyladawn17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I've been doing keto for about two weeks now :)
  • Mochamommy1922
    Mochamommy1922 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm just starting this week
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4! Feel free to add me for support. Trying to lose after being stalled and gaining 15 lbs back from my lowest. Have about 70 left to go.
  • cessymartinez70
    cessymartinez70 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am new on Keto and this blog. . I have been doing keto for 2.5months. With no success. I am 5.1 140lbs. I have PCOS. The doctor told to lose weight or I am border line pre diabetic. I want to lose 30lbs. But I think when I started I was doing it all wrong. I been doing intermittent fasting as well. But I cut my cals to 1000. 5% carbs 74 fat. About 56g protein. Cutting down to one meal per day. I noticed the scale to go down this week finally I am excited and not giving up. Any suggestions oh also how do I add people for support.
  • burksimpson1981
    burksimpson1981 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started - a great breakfast