Tired of feeling bad about myself!

Options
I start and quit before the results that I would like....not sure why. I heard that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results! Or in my case ...not doing.

Replies

• shannllew
    shannllew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Shauna. How long have you lasted in your prior attempts? You can do it. Log in daily and post updates. In 2 weeks or so you’ll start to see changes and that’s highly motivating. I’m looking for fitness buddies if you want to add me.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi I usually last about a month then give up. This is the first time that I have joined the community. I have already joined a challenge, hopefully this time will be different! Thank you for responding!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing, what will you be doing differently now? Losing weight and gaining health is not about suffering, in fact, you're supposed to improve your quality of life, and we can't suffer for long for no good reason (and "weightloss" is not a "good reason" when we are hungry and feel deprived and faced with all the goodies in the world).

Create a plan that you know you can start today and think you will want to stick to forever. Prepare for expected events - losing weight will not magically prevent Christmas, sickness, moving, conflicts, from happening. Be ready to change up your plan - parts or all of it - if needed. Be patient, be realistic, be kind.
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I’m the same! It’s a new start for me too. Good luck.
  • danitaielle
    danitaielle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm really bad at sticking to it for more than a day or two! I understand how hard it can be!
  • shauna7531
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement and great advice! I really appreciate it! :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Shauna you can do this but you need to stick with it through good and bad, feel free to add me as a friend we can support each other. Good luck Shauna
  • shauna7531
    Options
    Thank you and I would like to add you as friend.
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    shauna7531 wrote: »
    Hi I usually last about a month then give up. This is the first time that I have joined the community. I have already joined a challenge, hopefully this time will be different! Thank you for responding!

Literally me in a nutshell. My goal is to start being honest and holding myself accountable. Two things I've rarely ever done. I'm hoping the challenges on here will help start me on the right foot along with the right support. Feel free to add me! And good luck my friend!
  • SaskDad
    SaskDad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck Shauna. It is worth sticking with this. I am starting to get the pounds off and have watched my friend and his wife each drop over 80 pounds on here. Add me if you like and we can both stay motivated. Youre not in this alone.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Hi Shauna, I think we could all use a little insanity in our lives or else how would we recognize sanity?

I too have tried several things in the past and like most, stuck to it for far too short of a time - But I do believe that when our time is right it sticks, the bad part is we really don't know when this will happen. So welcome to MFP, I hope it works for you.

Forget/Don't Forget the past but look forward to new things with new friends here on MFP.