Is muscle definition on women sexy?

Options
I got into a bit of a debate yesterday with a friend of mine, who is a little curvy who told me that because I'm more toned now that muscles on women aren't sexy!!!!

I adore my arms and shoulders because they are defined, my legs are also toned and quite muscley but not ridiculously so. I have MFP friends who are stunningly beautiful with and without muscle definition and would like your opinions please, not because I intend to change but just because I'd like to know :smile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yes! i think being toned and healthy looking is very attractive, and shows that you take care of your body and health. thats what i am going for as i am more on the slim side anyway and dont want to look scrawny. plus i love how much more i can do having a little upper body strength.

At the end of the day though, its each to their own. if ur friend is happy how she is then great for her!
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    This is completely my opinion...take Jillian Micheals for example. She has a rockin' butt, legs, abs and arms but I think her shoulders are a little bulky (manly). I think muscle definition is sexy and healthy but too much can make a woman lose her feminimity.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    um heck ya!!! i get compliments all the time on my abs, and shoulders. be proud of your muscles girl!!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I totally think it's sexy! I am working to be more muscular looking myself, and am slowly, but surely getting there. There are plenty of males who think it is sexy, particularly for those who are themselves much healthier too. :smile:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    call me old fashioned, but Im more of a sense of humour and personality type... :-)
  • prettylikedrugs
    Options
    I have actually just driven past a girl who had really defined arms. It wasn't too much but I was actually quite jealous because they were gorgeous!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Muscle is sexy!! Health is sexy!! Looking after you body is sexy!!! Well thats just my opinion! I get told its gross all the time by my friends (girls) But the guys seem to love it...maybe girls show just a little jealously??? Easier to say they dont like, than to put i the hard work to look like it!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yes....yes...and um....yes!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    its your body and your life, you half to live it, so Your oppinion is the ONLY one that matters here!
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    I think it is very sexy as long at they still look feminine! Toned is one thing, bulky is another! I get compliments on my arms and shoulders alot due to how tone they are. Plus it is all in how you present yourself I think!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I totally think it's sexy! I am working to be more muscular looking myself, and am slowly, but surely getting there. There are plenty of males who think it is sexy, particularly for those who are themselves much healthier too. :smile:

I think this sums thing up pretty well. Muscles on girl are definitely hot, also a girl being able to do pullups is hot...
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    muscle definition is very sexy on women!! I'd have to say your friend is a little jealous of your muscles :wink:
  • mom12
    mom12 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I vote that yes it is definitely sexy. I think each person has thier own opinion though, and it's possible your friend is also jealous that she is "curvy" and you are toned..
  • Tracey_Smith
    Options
    call me old fashioned, but Im more of a sense of humour and personality type... :-)

But you can still have definition lol x
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Usually.
    But sometimes though it can be too much. Whether it's from an extremely low BF%, or overly huge muscles, for my tastes a woman can go overboard. I can appreciate the effort to get to those extremes, even though I may not find them attractive.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda thinking that your friend was trying to cut you down a little bit to make herself feel better, and that's not what friends do. But that's just my opinion.

I think muscles are sexy. I think curves are sexy. For me, I know I can't have sexy curves because my fat accumulates in all the wrong places, so I'm working for muscle-sexy. Rock what you got, I say. :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It is SO sexy! Just check any of those men's magazine's sexiest women in the world surveys - every one of them has muscle definition!

I suspect your friend was just trying to make herself feel better.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda thinking that your friend was trying to cut you down a little bit to make herself feel better, and that's not what friends do. But that's just my opinion.

I think muscles are sexy. I think curves are sexy....

+1
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

I think muscles are sexy. I think curves are sexy....

+1
    +1 +1

This "debate" drives me insane. Men don't sit around and cut each other up like this. Can you imagine?

"He dude, do you think this round beer belly is too girly?"
    or
    "I don't know man, I think your *kitten* is lookin' sort round of like Beyonce's. I prefer more of a Seth Rogen look"