One month of Intermittent Fasting complete

Options
isay808
isay808 Posts: 52 Member
Started my original weight at 182, currently at 168. I am feeling energetic, clothes is fitting better. Overall I feel healthier which is what makes me happy.

Replies

• gogogadgette
    gogogadgette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Huzzah. That's some phenomenal progress. I love IF. Started in 2009. I'll never go back to regular breakfasts. Hah.
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How does it work? What do you do?
  • fnelson_41
    fnelson_41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes what she said.
  • juanitarochelle2014
    Options
    I've started IF 3 months ago and I love it....congrats on your weight loss :);)
  • natliftinggirl
    natliftinggirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love IF. the only challenge for me is to get enough protein, I aim for 130 gr at least. I had to reschedule my workouts, I like to do weightlifting in the morning, but I don't want to them while I am fasting. Otherwise it is a great tool I think.
  • isay808
    Options
    I've started IF 3 months ago and I love it....congrats on your weight loss :);)

Thank u very much! How's your progress going?

• isay808
    Options
    I love IF. the only challenge for me is to get enough protein, I aim for 130 gr at least. I had to reschedule my workouts, I like to do weightlifting in the morning, but I don't want to them while I am fasting. Otherwise it is a great tool I think.

I aim for .8 to 1 gram per Lb. using whey protein helps when I am low on my protein intake. Lean meats such as chicken, fish, eggs are a great source if you're not vegan, or vegetarian. I like to lift post a big meal.
  • isay808
    Options
    Feel free to add me to track each other progress everybody!
  • KirbySmith46
    KirbySmith46 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Nixi3Knox wrote: »
    isay808 wrote: »
    How does it work? What do you do?

I.F is a tool to use for a healthier lifestyle. I personally fast 16 hours, and eat over an 8 hour window. I do not eat in a caloric deficit, just exercise right before breaking my fast.

My eating window for my personal schedule is from 11a.m - 7 p.m. While fasting I keep it simple, I drink water, and coffee in the a.m.

So how did you lose weight then, if you don't eat in a deficit?

If I'm not mistaken, the exercising while fasting burns fat as opposed to sugar.

But the OP is claiming that CI isn't less than CO. I'd like to know how he's losing weight in this scenario

Yes, me too! I need to learn how this works ASAP!
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    wow! congrats on that weight loss! honestly i do IF without even trying some days. i always wanted to try it full term and see if iwould make any progress on it.
  • isay808
    Options
    I've been tracking my macros, I eat high protein, low carb unless it's a day I am lifting. Some days I'll be in a deficit because of work getting in the way of my eating schedule. I do my cardio in a fasted state, anything from hiking, hiit, and cycling.
  • isay808
    Options
    wow! congrats on that weight loss! honestly i do IF without even trying some days. i always wanted to try it full term and see if iwould make any progress on it.

Thank you! Never been overweight but I wasn't happy with the way I was looking either! You can do it!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!