Run For Your Lives!

Options
So, for people who don't know, run for your lives is a 5-10k [depends on the choices you make, they're are multiple paths] zombie infested 12 obstacle run.

Www.runforyourlives.com

Its in Baltimore MD, October 22nd and it will be my first 5k. I have two questions;

One: any other MFP members going?

Two: what's a good strength training work out dvd? I'm gonna need to get some upper body strength mainly.

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about it bc me and my Fiancee are donig the C25K and i know he LOOOVES Zombies. haha. So we will look into it and possibly register and this was we can be ready for it!!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    OMG! That sounds awesome,all we have where I live is the zombie walk.
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    That sounds amazing!!! I'd love to do it but we have nothing like that here! :sad:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Not doing that one (too scary). Daughter and I are doing our first 5K at the Baltimore Running Festival on October 15th though.
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    We have a zombie walk every October where I'm at to. The 5k will be a 12 hour drive for me, I live in michigan. :) but I think its the perfect 5k to keep me motivated. There's camping the night before, and then an after party. Vendors will be there for food and zombie merch.
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Just signed up for 3pm wave! I'm curious what others are doing to train. I've done P90X and do a fair amount of strength training, but I need to get in gear running-wise since I can only jog about 1.5 miles at the moment. They've released clues on a few of the obstacles, but I'm not sure how to train other than specifically practicing the obstacles.

Anyone else going??
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm just hearing about this and LOVE the idea! I don't know if i can do it but i'll decided by the end of september to register, if not i'll be there in the crowds watching!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I was going to sign up for this, but I have to be honest.. I was engaged in a conversation on their Facebook and someone who was an ex-Marine wanted something super challenging and said that Warrior Dash didn't quite cut it for them. I said they should look into Tough Mudder if they wanted something up their alley. Then the mod for their Facebook page tried to claim that Run for Your Lives was far more difficult than Tough Mudder.

..?!?!

It p*ssed me off enough to decide to do a different mud race this fall instead. :P
  • MaruManic
    MaruManic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm focousing on upper body strength, speed and endurance. Just finished c25k and have been working on the upper body for about a month now. I was/am incrediably out of shape. Hmm training for the obstacles... climb a few trees and jump over some tires or something? I imagine the zombs will be the biggest obstacles.This will be my first race so I don't expect to do well but just crossing the finish line will be a huge acomplishment for me, survivor or not.

In the 1 30 wave myself. :)
  • Creiche
    Creiche Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    This will be my first race so I don't expect to do well but just crossing the finish line will be a huge acomplishment for me, survivor or not.

This is my story too! I just want to finish with a health flag on or a life pack in my hands. :) My upper body strength is already in a decent place, but my running endurance needs work so I'm trying to focus on getting that up. I play tennis and softball, so hopefully I can handle the sprinting/stopping. I think you're right that dodging zombies will be the tricky part. Whatever happens, it should be fun!

See you at the Apocalypse Party! :)
  • Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just found out about it yesterday and it sounds like a really fun idea! The Seattle/Portland one is August 4th. Of course, I'm already busy that weekend. Otherwise, I would have seriously considered it (pending I've never done any races before). Oh well, there's always next year. That'll give me time to build up my upper body strength to kick some zombie butt! :-)