somewhat new to mfp

Options
I never had a weight problem till 14 years ago than it just kept going up up. I am hopping this will help I have lost but it seems to just come back. I will take all advice and any help to get on the right track thanks.:smile::smile:

Replies

• sugardreams
    Options
    He! Thanks for adding me as a friend. I'm sure we can conquer the pounds together.. :) I've lost weight before but it keeps coming back for some annoying reason (well, I know the reasons why.... :noway: ) and I hope that this site will help me keep it all on track. I'm fed up with being overweight!
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Stick with it as if your life depends on it. That's what keeps me going.

When you hate it the most that's the most important time to make sure you do it right. That first month there were times when I literally cried because I wanted a bacon cheeseburger...how pathetic is that?! But I would just suck it up and eat a salad (or go to sleep if it was a late night craving) and I never regretted not giving in. Now I almost never crave garbage, and when I do it's usually hormonal and realizing that helps me to get past it.

Exercise, even a little, whether you feel like it or not. Train your body that this is just the way things are now...that NO is not an option. I look at training my body the same way as "training" my children. I can't let them skip doing things they need to do (bath, homework, chores) just because they don't want to or "don't feel like it"...why should I let me?
  • Brandylambert
    Options
    Thank you I so needed that