NSV: High Blood Pressure-Not So High Anymore

Options
One of my goals is to lower my blood pressure and get off meds for good. My HBP was brought on due to my obesity. Over the last 60 days I have been working out, eating right and working out some more. I have lost 17 pounds so far.

I've monitored my BP along the way and as of today it has gone down significantly. Typically my BP is between 145/100 all the way up to 160/110.

Today and for the last few weeks it has registered at 126/90. I am super excited about this! <throws confetti>

Replies

• alfredapittman
    alfredapittman Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl. That is a great accomplishment. You are doing so great.
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    Options
    That's awesome
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    That is a heck of an accomplishment! Almost (but not quite) as awesome as the 17 pounds that are gone!

Good for you :happy:
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    That's a better result than any scale can ever give you!
    GRATZ!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Good for you! :)
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat as you are and for about a month now I've given up my BP meds. I'm usually withing 120/130 & 60/70 values. My Heart Rate has decreased significantly due to exercise too, I have a resting HR in the 50's bpm now.

If I could do it, so can you!! Keep up the great work.
  • gponter79
    gponter79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    One of the reason I re-joined here was to drop my blood pressure. On the 14th June '11 it was 150/120 I was nearly 250lb. They said if it remains the same I WILL have a stroke or heart attack before I'm 50!
    I've lost 17lb so far and the last recording was 110/95. I'm getting it done again in a couple of weeks so would be great to see it drop again. I think mine is passed down from my mum as I don't feel stressed or unhealthy.

Well done with your progress and I'm sure it's a fairly common thing round here.
  • nurse109
    Options
    Amazing! You are working hard and it's paying off with improved health! Hurray for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!