Looking For Support

Options
I'm not exactly new to the diet and fitness world. A few years backed I went from a size 24 to a size 14 and shed 80 pounds in between. I reached my lowest weight in my adult life, weighing in at an itty bitty 200 lbs (hey, it was small for me). Two rough relationships and one year away from home for the first time after graduating from community college and I'm back at 240 and more than a little depressed about that fact.

Anyway, I've been having a hard time getting and staying motivated. I'll have brief moments of get-up-and-go, only to have my ambition sputter and die out. I suspect it's because I have no one to really do this with. Those friends that are trying to loose or maintain weight don't have any Apple products and those that do have an I-device don't really care.

If anyone would be interested in offering a little encouragement and getting some in return, I'd be very thankful.

Good luck and much love,
Aella

Replies

• Aella
    Aella Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh man, I had no idea these boards moved so fast! O.o
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    These boards move very fast!
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you go to ISU. Which one? I think there are ISUs in Illinois, Idaho, & Indiana. Just asking because I'm in Indiana and familiar with ISU.
  • Aella
    Aella Posts: 6
    Options
    I attend Illinois State. I guess I'm fortunate because we just built a huge fitness center that's included in tuition fees, so I don't really have to pay anything for it. The only problem is that I'm absolutely horrified of working out in front of other people. I suspect this fear comes from years of torment during gym classes in school.