Returning and needing motivating friends.

Options
Hi there! I have recently had surgery to remove part of my kidney due to cancer. I desperately need to get to a healthy weight as my obesity caused complications in my surgery. It is no longer about wanting to look a certain way or wear a certain pair of jeans, this is now about survival. I mean, I guess it always was about fixing my health but now I have a new reality of what that means. I'm looking to add friends so we can motivate each other.

Replies

• FunFitFrog
    FunFitFrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new here too. I did this a couple years ago and then got discouraged and quit. I have a short attention span if I'm not seeing progress. So. I signed up again and would like to find a few friends for accountability. I'll send you a friend request if I can figure out how. :smile:
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, feel free to add me.
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm newly back too but with more superficial goals. I am generally trying to incorporate self discipline into my entire life for the 1st time.
  • writerapril
    writerapril Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too! Add me if you would like.
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am back after some very serious illness. Not wanting to share a lot of info on my problems on line, but looking for support in trying to maintain a healthy diet. Not about how I look these days. Please add me as a friend.
  • Iamdeidra
    Iamdeidra Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! My life event was not nearly as severe in comparison, but it focused me in a way I never experienced before and I've stuck with fitness ever since.