Options
suggagina
suggagina Posts: 35 Member
Hey Guys new to the site, please send veggie meals

Replies

• kpwb
    kpwb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you mean vegetarian or vegetable based? Can be two different things!! :wink:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Why?

Are you a new vegetarian and don't know what to eat? Or are you a veggie who's decided to lose weight and needs a re-think on existing menus?

Google is usually a great place to look for ideas, and you can tailor it to low cal, low cabd, low fat whatever your plan is.

My fave veg recipes - quinoa pilaff made with mushrooms and shallots, seared haloumi with warm salad, or puy lentil salad.
  • suggagina
    Options
    Hello..thanks for responding..yes, i do mean vegetarian meals..Thanks for any assistance you can provide
  • suggagina
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Yes I'd like to try more vegetarian meal
  • kpwb
    kpwb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Lots of legume based meals will give you protein, fibre, tons of other nutrients and they fill you up! I make a "no-potato" salad using lightly steamed cauliflower (about 5 cups) with a full can of rinsed chick peas. The sauce is low-fat mayo (maybe 3/4 cup) with 1/4 cup of grainy dijon mustard. It gives tons of nutrients and really fills you. Good hot or cold from the fridge. Might work with fat free sour cream or yogurt instead of mayo - I haven't tried. Sorry for the rough measurements, I do it by feel. I also like a portabello mushroom marinated in balsamic vinegraite, grilled on the BBQ and then served sliced over tons of greens. My other suggestion is to go to allrecipes.com and check out the vegetarian recipe section. Lots of options!

Just a couple of ideas from another veggie MFP member!:smile:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely! I think I'll give that go as a tasty summer meal. :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Roast halved peppers with thinly sliced garlic, cherry tomatoes (without the skin), a little olive oil and some black pepper in them. Serve with cous cous with fresh spring onions mixed through and/or some bread. A gorgeous summer meal. The juices seep in the couc cous/bread and make that even more tasty! (This works on a BBQ as well for non-meaty garden dining enjoyment).