What is the talk about too many carbs

Options
I read a post on here that said you should only eat 20 grams of carbs a day .My carbs were calculated on here for me like everyone elses and it says I should have 169 a day without exercise.So what is the talk about 20 grams of carbs.Should I be eating less carbs now?

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I read a post on here that said you should only eat 20 grams of carbs a day .My carbs were calculated on here for me like everyone elses and it says I should have 169 a day without exercise.So what is the talk about 20 grams of carbs.Should I be eating less carbs now?
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    No no- DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT leave your carbs below 20 grams. This is a specific Ketosis diet, and unless you are EXTREMELY strict in your diet - this is not the diet for you.

Depending on your calorie count, try and average 35-50% carbs. GOOD CARBS not quick starchy/sugary kinds.

Keep doing what your doing! Your doin great!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Well I am definitely eating good carbs like fruit and veggies so thanks for the advice.I thought I was doing things right but when I saw that I wondered if I was doing something wrong.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I did the low carb Diet in 1996 and lost 85 lbs in 6 months.. I went to the clinic and weighed in monday - friday and it was very structured... I kept that weight off for 6 yrs and here I am again "sigh" ... I don't think I could ever do it again.. It was really hard and I suffered from a lot of headaches... If you feel like you could live this way then it is a plan that works but honestly I like this plan much better...

Anita
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks but I think I will stick to the plan I have now.
  • erikhutson
    erikhutson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did the low carb Diet in 1996 and lost 85 lbs in 6 months.. I went to the clinic and weighed in monday - friday and it was very structured... I kept that weight off for 6 yrs and here I am again "sigh" ... I don't think I could ever do it again.. It was really hard and I suffered from a lot of headaches... If you feel like you could live this way then it is a plan that works but honestly I like this plan much better...

Anita

Yep I did the 20 carb diet about 3 years ago and lost 40lbs in 2-3 months....wasnt very fun....back then I didnt know jack about food....now its totally different.

Eat your veggies, have a few pieces of fruit a day, limit the amount of actual bread to maybe once a day and see the lbs melt off.