Help im slipping

Options
Help im slipping really badly. Ive never been a good eatter but lately ive gone terrible as my food diary can testify and I have a big problem with peanut M&M's. I need some motivation and support !! x

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Hres what I do...

when I want something naughty ( i meanm, really naughty ) I look at how many calories are in it, then register in my head how many minutes that is in the treadmill, or eleptical. In the end, that always helps me think twice :)
  • mike737
    mike737 Posts: 68
    Options
    Have a look at my diary.

Its not good advise but i dont eat that well yet im still loosing weight. Depends what you want from this, weight loss or weight loss and a healthy lifestyle. The later obv being better
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm having food motivation issues too the last week. This morning I completely filled out my food diary and planned every bite - now all I have to do is follow the plan. I'm hoping that will keep me on track. Good luck to you!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them or have them in the house, then you can't eat them.
  • likeaphoenix
    likeaphoenix Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Before I started on MFP a little over three weeks ago, believe me, I was chowing candy bars. My excuse was that it relieved stress.

To me, and I know it's hard at first, to ditch the m&ms you're going to have to just cut out all candy. You'll have SO much less craving for it, once you've just said to yourself: No. Because it's a cycle: when you eat 'em, you want more of them. If you're not eating them at all, the craving is so much less.

A couple of weeks in, I'll have a Balance Bar every couple of days. They're in flavors like chocolate peanut butter, and taste pretty good. They are 200 calories but at least it has about 14g protein, unlike our m&ms and candy bars!

Good luck. Like me, you are probably turning to candy to relieve stress, anxiety, depression: talk a walk instead :flowerforyou:
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you enjoy eating chocolate...sweets? I usually have a Fiber One Brownie to fix my sweet tooth...its only 90cals per brownie and its very filling too. Fiber One also makes peanut butter brownies as well as bars. Try to see if you could get those :flowerforyou:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hres what I do...

when I want something naughty ( i meanm, really naughty ) I look at how many calories are in it, then register in my head how many minutes that is in the treadmill, or eleptical. In the end, that always helps me think twice :)

I agree with this. Translating food into miles of pavement or time on the machines is a good motivator. (example: Michele Obama's 1500 calorie cheeseburger, fries and milkshake that, for some reason, was considered news lately? would have been 90 minutes of running for me. Yikes)

A couple other things you can do:
    First, and this will probably get some people's dander up on this site, is keep a "cheat day" once a week. My wife and I use Sundays as our craving day. If there's something that we know is high calorie but we just can't seem to live without it for the time being, we save it for Sunday. Most of the time we end up forgetting about what exactly we were craving by the time Sunday rolls around.
    Second, if you really can't fight the urge, measure out the recommended serving and put the rest away. I am an ice cream fiend. I love it. Would kill for it at times. But, for most ice cream a 1/2 cup is the recommended serving. So my 1/2 cup measuring cup stays right next to the scooper. It's hard at first, when you look at that lonely 1/2 cup of ice cream and think, "That's it?" But, after a while, you get used to it. And it's just enough to satisfy the sweet tooth and not overload on calories.
  • cammers74
    Options
    I cant see your diary, but at least you're still logging by the sounds of it? Maybe you just need to refocus on why it is you want to do this? What you hope to acheive? We all have bad days, sometimes weeks, but you just need to draw a line under it and start afresh. You can do it!

Feel free to add me if you want some encouragement along the way! :)
  • cherrycake26
    Options
    For me its all about planning.....I find calculating my calories in meals on this site a fantastic help. I love it when I realise I have cals left for an alpen light bar. It feels naughty but nice.

Remember the 7 P's "Prior Planning an Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance" Its working for me.

Good luck .