BOOK SELFIES

Options

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    abmltyewv5w8.jpg

Subjected to this biased, half-arsed, oversimplified analysis this morning. Post-modernism attempts to complicate and deconstruct rigidly enforced binaries... let's try to describe it using binaries. Poststructuralism is unscientific because it's just too hard to think beyond universals. *kitten* this day. *kitten* this day. *kitten* this day.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    dnuf1jqlj00z.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    His look kinda sums up how I feel about the book so far, lol.

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    ptktdbt7lu9q.png

Started this one this morning

Did you take this?
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

It's not just that; it's that his "evil" is too cliche (and I'm an avid reader of his books) and bombastic. Main character is entertaining as are some of the secondaries, but man.. the "bad guy" in this book and his wanktastic son are driving me crazy.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

It's not just that; it's that his "evil" is too cliche (and I'm an avid reader of his books) and bombastic. Main character is entertaining as are some of the secondaries, but man.. the "bad guy" in this book and his wanktastic son are driving me crazy.

Lemme just kill this chick, oh you want me to be a cop? Kk
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

See? You get it. You, you I like.

Seriously, not sure that I'll make it through this book.. and I never quit a book. I even tortured myself by reading the entire Twilight series back when that was still a thing. Ugh.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

Seriously, not sure that I'll make it through this book.. and I never quit a book. I even tortured myself by reading the entire Twilight series back when that was still a thing. Ugh.

I already stopped reading it
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

Me too! How much of my life have I committed to terrible books because I can't stop? More than I care to calculate.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    215cfygjyd3v.jpeg
    I need both of these in my life
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »

x3cy8yk5y8cq.jpg

It goes real slow

Me too! How much of my life have I committed to terrible books because I can't stop? More than I care to calculate.

The completionist in me won't let me stop. I shall read it to its terrible (I'm sure) end.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    prcd6ophexdh.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    I have the best reading companion. He comforts me through terrible books. :D

oxh6ws79h0ju.jpg
    g0cuyl3u3p8y.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    o8k8gvml24xj.jpg
    Pre meeting reaading
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Bt07-YkCUAA6g8c.jpg
  • KosmosKitten
    Options
    The "I'm still reading this book two weeks later while waiting for my kid to get out of school" selfie.

60865noxyoby.jpg
  • CaptainFantastic00
    Options
    The "I'm still reading this book two weeks later while waiting for my kid to get out of school" selfie.

60865noxyoby.jpg

Stop doing this to yourselffff friend
  • KosmosKitten
    Options

60865noxyoby.jpg

Stop doing this to yourselffff friend

I can't quit! Even worse? My husband already told me the ending. Even he got so annoyed with the two antagonists and King's diatribe against the Bush/Cheney administration that he skim/skipped to the end, lol.

Yet I still persist. :D
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options

60865noxyoby.jpg

I do the same thing. I intentionally show up about 15 minutes early so I can have my reading time.