Low calorie meals

Options
jackyyadira
jackyyadira Posts: 30 Member
edited October 2017 in Recipes
Not much of a cook, but am trying to make a lifestyle change and make new foods and healthy meals! Does anyone have any go-to meals throughout the day for busy days or filling recipes to share?
Currently trying to lose 50lbs, sticking to counting calories and working out 4x/week.

Replies

• Sarawdog
    Sarawdog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,

We have similar goals, I'm trying a lifestyle change and trying to lose 35. It all seems so daunting. Here are some of my go to healthy meals that are quick and filling:
    Avocado toast on thin sliced whole grain bread.

"Bowls" of all kinds of variations but always lots of veggies, one I do often is a little rice, black beans, corn, onion, lots of spinach "southwest style". All kinds of things that are already in your kitchen work great really, it just depends on what you like and what you have!

Cauliflower "fried rice" with carrots, broccoli, spinach, onion, all kinds of veggies and add meats you like or just keep it veggie. It works great with shrimp or chicken, I've even made it with sausage for my husband and he loved it. This will give me a few meals for the week! I use frozen riced cauliflower for it.

Also, I love to make pan sheets of different roasted veggies in advance for the week, I like zucchini, broccoli, brussel sprouts, yams or sweet potatoes, cauliflower.. you can really do it all here! And then pair that differently throughout the week.

I'll add meat to my dishes sometimes but I'm trying to considerably cut back. So those are some of my go-tos!

This is off the top of my head, hope it helps!
  • jackyyadira
    jackyyadira Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sarawdog wrote: »
    Hi,

We have similar goals, I'm trying a lifestyle change and trying to lose 35. It all seems so daunting. Here are some of my go to healthy meals that are quick and filling:
    Avocado toast on thin sliced whole grain bread.

"Bowls" of all kinds of variations but always lots of veggies, one I do often is a little rice, black beans, corn, onion, lots of spinach "southwest style". All kinds of things that are already in your kitchen work great really, it just depends on what you like and what you have!

Cauliflower "fried rice" with carrots, broccoli, spinach, onion, all kinds of veggies and add meats you like or just keep it veggie. It works great with shrimp or chicken, I've even made it with sausage for my husband and he loved it. This will give me a few meals for the week! I use frozen riced cauliflower for it.

Also, I love to make pan sheets of different roasted veggies in advance for the week, I like zucchini, broccoli, brussel sprouts, yams or sweet potatoes, cauliflower.. you can really do it all here! And then pair that differently throughout the week.

I'll add meat to my dishes sometimes but I'm trying to considerably cut back. So those are some of my go-tos!

This is off the top of my head, hope it helps!

Thanks this is a great list ! I will definitely use some of these.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have a couple favorite websites - skinnytaste and cooking light. I can usually find fast food "copy cats" or lighter versions of my favorite meals. I will look the light recipe over and tweak my current recipes. That way I can come up with something I can live with forever.....instead of eating "diet" foods just for a time.

For someone who is cooking for the first time - stir frys. There are so many options to pick & choose. There is something for everyone.
    http://dish.allrecipes.com/super-easy-stir-fry/

Another cooking method for new cooks - crockpot or slow cooker meals. So easy.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/crock-pot-recipes/