Question re: non-MFP weight tracker apps

Options
Hello, Friends -

I've noticed that some of you track your weight in tracker apps other than MFP (like "happy scale" etc). I'm wondering what benefits some of those apps offer over MFP? Do you have a particular recommendation? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I use Libra (Android). I log my weight each morning and it smooths out the fluctuations, giving me a trended weight. It's also another graph to look at. Graphs are fun.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Benefits for me:
    • Seeing the trendweight that I'm at rather than just what the scale says on the day
    • Seeing an approximate date for hitting goal
    • Libra gives you an approximation of what your calorie deficit is based on your trendweight, this can be helpful to compare with MFP especially if you're not losing as much as you think, it can give you an indication that you need to tighten up logging.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Iphone does Happy Scale which I really like. I haven't found one I like as much on Android/Samsung yet so still using Happy Scale. The trends are critical. For instance I started in late May and it shows me that I lost avg of 6 pounds per month. I started my glide into Maintenance in Oct and I can see that I am avg almost 3 pounds for the month which is exactly what I wanted to do. With weight fluctuations all over the place on a day to day basis it's really important to be able to see trends.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Iphone does Happy Scale which I really like. I haven't found one I like as much on Android/Samsung yet so still using Happy Scale. The trends are critical. For instance I started in late May and it shows me that I lost avg of 6 pounds per month. I started my glide into Maintenance in Oct and I can see that I am avg almost 3 pounds for the month which is exactly what I wanted to do. With weight fluctuations all over the place on a day to day basis it's really important to be able to see trends.

Libra is pretty good on Android/Samsung.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I use Trend Weight because I like to see it on my computer, but it works like the others. The main think I like is that it tells me how much I'm losing and how much of a deficit I'm in.

Since it's a trend line it lags a few days behind, but it's extremely helpful in keeping me on task especially when I'm eating a maintenance which I find a lot harder than eating at a deficit.
  • senorajoselina
    senorajoselina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Happy Scale is the best!! Love it. The Moving Average feature is super helpful.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks for answering my question. I use an Android, so will check out Libra. THANKS!