Losing weight with pcos

Options
Hi... I am 27 years old. Current weight is 160lbs..my Gyn told me that I should lose 20lbs to get pregnant. I am currently on a low carb and low calorie diet restricting my calorie intake to 1200 calories per day.

Losing weight is extremely hard, the scales doesn't move at all... So planning to hit the gym... Anyone here with pcos, has attained weight loss with gym training?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Nope, sorry. I have pcos but gym training was never "the thing" that helped. It helped, but only when added to a calorie deficit diet and low carb. I am now trying intermittent fasting and it seems to be helping (less than two weeks in and I've lost 3.3kg) in addition to the lower carb, sugar free diet
  • jasmine1521
    jasmine1521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Versicolour hi... Thank you for the input... But I hope gym training helps when combined with low carb, calorie deficit diet..??
  • jasmine1521
    jasmine1521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @thecharon I am losing weight but it's very slow.. And Its been just two weeks since I started being in this diet :)
  • JBashkoff
    JBashkoff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and it can be slower to lose. Make sure you weigh and measure and count bites, licks and tastes. Also maybe talk to your doctor about going on a medication that helps with insulin resistance that often comes with PCOS.
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I found out a month ago I have PCOS. Which explained sooo much. I've always struggled with my weight and was never able to lose.

Until I started lifting weights. I do crossfit and have for 3 years. I lost 6 pant sizes since I've started. I've hit the smallest I've ever been. My weight however didn't change a whole lot, less than 20lbs.

I have a 5 month old baby now and I'm really trying too focus on getting my weight down. I've really cracked down on logging. 1200 is so little, my goal is 1600 which is about maintenance. And I use exercise as a calorie defict. Which puts me back at net calories of 1200-1400. Seems to be working so far.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    @thecharon I am losing weight but it's very slow.. And Its been just two weeks since I started being in this diet :)

How much have you lost in two weeks? Also, how tall are you?
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. I've been losing weight without doing anything special, and I've never so much as set foot in a gym. I am eating less and moving more, and trying to be mindful of what works and what doesn't and adapting and learning whilst I go. I had 53 kilos to lose in mid-May, and have lost over 18 kg to date.
  • shahistasherif
    shahistasherif Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep the good work up you can do it. I'm just starting my journey. I have PCOS and have to get rid of at least 27kg.