Looking for friends! We can keep each other accountable :)

Options
gabrielle3194
gabrielle3194 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2017 in Getting Started
Hi everyone, I'm new here! I'm 23 years old and looking to lose about 50 pounds without crash dieting. Hopefully I can meet some friends to help stay accountable and encourage each other. I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, which really opened my eyes to new ways of eating better and taking care of myself.

Replies

• anabella1189
    anabella1189 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!~ I'm only 19 so hopefully you don't mind but I'd like a friend to help keep me accountable too! I developed an eating disorder last year and lost a lot of weight as a result. I've got my eating habits back under control though and I'm hoping to get back into a balanced diet and lose the rest of this body fat so I can finally be happy with my body. I only have less than 25 pounds left to go, let's gooooo!
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 50ish pounds since August with keto. Mainly because it would have taken me about 4,000 calories a day to maintain my weight and I fell way below that with low carb high-fat eating. Since then my activity level has increased, and now I would need closer to 4400 calories to maintain my weight, so the weight loss has actually sped up a little bit, which I did not see coming.

One of the reasons I thought keto would be good for me is because I have a lot of people in my family who are type 2 diabetics. Folks around here where I live are starting to hop on the keto train with me if they have a few pounds to lose. They can't believe the difference cutting carbs has made. Honestly, I can barely believe it myself.
  • Karin_Rae
    Karin_Rae Posts: 13 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am looking to get back on track... lost 75lbs on keto and it' slowly creeping back on... looking to do a reset, possibly an egg fast for 5-6 days. readjusted goals to when I first started... no more diet sodas, back to water. I do bootcamp 4-5x week and yoga 2x week. I wish everyone the best and feel free to add me! My diary is public.
  • RckyMtnGirl
    RckyMtnGirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I’m new here too☺️ I’m honestly not even sure how to work half the features on here but I would like to lose 40 lbs for my birthday next May. We can help each other if you add me as a friend cause I’m not even sure how to do that haha
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me as well as anyone else here always looking for motivational friends