Anyone lose weight working out in the evenings versus in the morning

Options
I have a weird schduele, and to be honest I find it hard to get up early and work out in the morning..I need to lose 75 pounds and just want to ask anyone here.Have you worked out at night and lost weight.?

Replies

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why do you think time of day matters?
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Working out is great for fitness, but calories are a more important component of weight loss.

Anytime you work out is better than the person on the couch!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    I work out mostly in the afternoon, I don't think it matters when
  • Lee_an
    Lee_an Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, work out time doesn't matter. I think most do it in the morning because thats when they have the energy. I lift around 5:30am before work 3x a week because i know i won't have the energy after work.

Calories is king. You can lose wieght on a diet of pure donuts never leaving the couch as long as you consume less calories then your body needs / burns per day. ie, TDEE.

If your TDEE is 2000 calories. You can eat 1750 calories of debbie cakes day in and day out and still lose wieght.
  • MinuitMinuet
    MinuitMinuet Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    2vd462xq7ocq.gif

CICO.. And burning calories through activity doesn't have a curfew. There isn't an on and off switch..
  • lulehlu
    lulehlu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I rarely work out in the am but I lost my weight from eating less.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I work out in the afternoon (walking) and evening, swimming. (between 9-11 pm, after work). As of my last weigh in last week, I have lost 25 lbs. I have 75 to go. I started the last week of June, took 3 weeks break on vacation (but still logged), and have been losing at about 1.5-2 lbs. per week.
  • JoLightensUp
    JoLightensUp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I much prefer exercising in the afternoon or evening, usually walking or swimming. It works for me.

When I first started running (using the C25K program) I noticed that my afternoon/evening runs were so much easier and more enjoyable than my morning runs. I'm not really sure why. Once I noticed the pattern, I planned my runs for late afternoon or early evening.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Work out when it works for you. There's nothing magic about working out first thing.
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Yep
    The key is to make it a habit so you don't talk yourself out of going.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yes, most of my workout sessions are afternoon or evening
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have a weird schduele, and to be honest I find it hard to get up early and work out in the morning..I need to lose 75 pounds and just want to ask anyone here.Have you worked out at night and lost weight.?

why would you think time of day of workout affects anything?? as others have said, calorie deficit for weight loss anyway.
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Exercise is exercise regardless of the time of day you do it. I do mainly in evenings after work Mon-Fri, morning on Saturday and if off work will try and fit in morning class if nothing else planned for day, fit it into your schedule whenever .....
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I like to stay in bed until the very last minute. If exercise had to happen in the morning I’d never in a million years get on board. Do wha makes you happy!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter when
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I’m down 111 lbs in the last 15 months and I only work nights. Time of day doesn’t matter, just how many calories you eat :)