For those Nervous about Gym

Options
I hope this post helps someone. I was too afraid and nervous to go to the gym for my entire life. A month ago, I decided to go to complement my weight loss, and I haven't looked back. There are all different body types. Most people are willing to help if you ask. Everybody is there to improve themselves.

If you're on the fence, I highly recommend trying it out and giving it your all. Good luck!

Replies

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. I find nobody even bats an eye at me. If anyone is a gawker it's me! Lol
    I tend to look around and get inspiration by looking at people of all shapes and sizes working their butts off.

And the people who work there are always so friendly on the way in and the way out.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm a gawker too! Especially when someone is doing something amazing like jumping up onto a 2 or 3 foot box or balancing on one of those big balls. And if you think someone is staring at you, sometimes they are just lost in their own thoughts.

Now, get to the gym!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Everyone is at the gym for their own reason. They want to get/stay fit maybe build muscle or just burn calories so they can have a piece of cheese cake. I am there for all of the above lol
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    People are usually friendly or in their own bubble and just doing their own thing. Never had bad experience though go to small UK gym.
  • Rottweiler17
    Rottweiler17 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Everyone’s workout are different and may look different and may seem dumb to some and to others with a new work out it is motivating to other because it is different and may try it out y’all are right everyone has their own reasoning for going and their reasoning for doing certain type of work outs the ones that genuinely care with help you out if they notice something or if you simply ask for some advice. Don’t be afraid bc most of them started in your shoes at some point or another