5ft Tall Down 25+ lbs in 6 months. No Exercise. (Progress Pics)

Options
lay011
lay011 Posts: 25 Member
I am 5ft tall, started at 202.2 lbs Jan 4th of this year and on July 1 I weighed in at my lowest of 173.6 (28.6lb loss). Since then I have been fluctuating in a 5lb range and I am ready to get back at it. I thought it might provide myself and perhaps others a little motivation to post this to see how far we can come in a couple months time. I lost the weight following low/moderate carbs (around 50-80g/day total carbs) and intermittent fasting with 8 hour eating window and two meals. I wasn't ready to add in any exercise during that time. It was done 100% through monitoring my food intake. Lately, I found myself under stress and started eating snacks and eating outside my eating window which resulted in a stall (and slight regain). I've started having some lower back pain which is my body's way of telling me my journey is not over yet. Good luck to everyone and I hope to be able to post even more progress in another six months!

x9fdhk9pyahv.jpg

Replies

• desg1218
    desg1218 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • tammi65
    tammi65 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Keep it up
  • lay011
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • Hippy7791
    Hippy7791 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    What do you mean window of time? Sorry.. I'm new to this
  • mushie99
    mushie99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    great job
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You doing great try to walk it will make u feel good
  • lay011
    Options
    Hippy7791 wrote: »
    What do you mean window of time? Sorry.. I'm new to this

With Intermittent Fasting you eat during a certain window of time each day. For me I do 16hrs fasting and 8 hrs eating. My eating window is 11am-7pm. Supposedly it helps with insulin sensitivity. The other benefit I'm finding is that I find it more satisfying to eat two decent sized meals (for example 600 each) instead of eating three 400 calorie meals (my daily allowance is 1200 calories). My mom has also had a lot of success doing this but thats a whole other story (maybe I will ask for her permission to post about that at a later date). Hope that helps!
  • lay011
    Options
    ines25 wrote: »
    You doing great try to walk it will make u feel good

Great advice and so true. I actually started walking this week because I joined a walking challenge at work and I noticed that it's helping with my back pain which was unexpected. I'm planning to keep it up after the challenge ends as I'm finding its really helping my back. I'm hoping this will also help me get back on track from a weight loss perspective. Right now I can't walk more than a couple miles without my feet starting to hurt (even in comfy shoes) but I'm hoping as I lose weight I will be able to walk farther/faster.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I can see a major difference. Great job and I hope you have continued success!
  • AmazonAndi78
    AmazonAndi78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! Thank you for posting this! It was definitely motivational and needed! Keep up the great work!
  • szerkle
    szerkle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    W <3 W! How very encouraging...thanks so much for posting, you're looking tremendous!
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Looking good, definite big change visible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!