Sober October

Options
I have been Sober close to 3 months now and I appreciate the results.
Clear minded and more focus on my health.
For those that are struggling just take your time. Some of us must back off slowly and some off us can go cold turkey.
One day at a time or for many of us it's moment by moment.
Stay encouraged.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Congrats. :)
  • micheledelliott
    micheledelliott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been on diet pills for years, and then each night, lots of wine. Sober now for 2.5 months. Would love to give and receive some support. Add me as a friend and I'll add you back.
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all
    Its one day at a time then a month a year and so on I started May 22 2008 and looking forward to my first decade.
    I realized that the drinking was killing me and that didn't even scare me enough, the fear of having a stroke and losing function was the deciding factor as my BP was roughly 200/100 at 367 pounds
    its great to have my life back 60 years of age 367 pounds, in 3 months 70 years of age 190 pounds running 5 miles a day and I decided to lose a bit more for my knee and try to be in the 170s for my 70s
    great job everyone and enjoy the freedoms and health that comes with this
  • maitevillanueva
    maitevillanueva Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have been on diet pills for years, and then each night, lots of wine. Sober now for 2.5 months. Would love to give and receive some support. Add me as a friend and I'll add you back.

That's awesome that you are doing so well!
  • katatak17
    katatak17 Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Sober here too for this journey. Feel free to add me!