Quick Question

Options
I was wondering for those of you that have lost all their weight.Did your skin go back to normal.I am so afraid I am going to have excess skin once I lose the weight.Thats why I am trying to lose it the right way,but I was just wondering if anyones skin went back to normal after extreme weight loss.

Replies

• awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I was wondering for those of you that have lost all their weight.Did your skin go back to normal.I am so afraid I am going to have excess skin once I lose the weight.Thats why I am trying to lose it the right way,but I was just wondering if anyones skin went back to normal after extreme weight loss.
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Great question! I am wondering the same thing myself! After four kids and eleven years, my tummy is a hot mess!!!:laugh:
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Im concerned about these flaps on the side of my body LOL...would suck to lose this weight and not be able to wear a nice strapless....
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it normal- i'm not even sure what normal is anymore:laugh: ....but I would rather have alittle jiggle here and there, then still be lugging around an extra (almost)60 lbs. :wink:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    After seeing my before and after pictures Im wondering where some of my skin has gone so I don't know I think some of it goes I have heard that it does shrink drink lots of water. :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Do you see the brown team Dad on BL-unreal!! He's been big all his life though. He will definitely need surgery. We'll call him a Sharpai.:laugh:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest - my skin is a little flappy.

My upper arms and breasts are the worst, but my stomach and inner thighs aren't quite "normal". I'm hoping that with more muscle mass and time, it'll fix itself.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    some of the other long-term users have said that it takes about a year at your new and improved weight for all the skin to snap back into place. More if you were really heavy, less if it was not so drastic. Bt you will see a change over time, and it's NO excuse to stay fat! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Do you see the brown team Dad on BL-unreal!! He's been big all his life though. He will definitely need surgery. We'll call him a Sharpai.:laugh:

1.gif
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys !! It was just something I was wondering about.This is not going to stop me from losing weight.I was just wondering if it will go back to somewhat normal,as it is I don't have money for plastic surgery.LOL
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    some of the other long-term users have said that it takes about a year at your new and improved weight for all the skin to snap back into place. More if you were really heavy, less if it was not so drastic. Bt you will see a change over time, and it's NO excuse to stay fat! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I've heard the same. It takes your skin one to two years after the weight loss to shrink into place. Also, if you've been excessively overweight or if you are older, it may never get completely back. Exercise helps. Still, I'd rather have some loose skin than continue to be obese.
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    yes, i did see the brown team dad on the biggest loser and i totally applaud his efforts!!!!...i think we should just call him a motivated dad and wish him and his son success in their efforts to get healthy!!!...blessings to all on this weight loss journey..
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    That's a good question. Not sure what the answer is though.

Changes do take time to get used to I guess how our body will be at its healthy weight.

Dad on brown team on BLoser, didn't he have gastric bypass and it still didn't work. Is that why he's stomach looks like that?

His love for his son is so genuinely real. Hope his team don't go below yellow line again coming week.
  • wannaBme
    wannaBme Posts: 143
    Options
    My sister lost 90 lbs in 10 months with diet and exercise ... a year later her skin was pretty much back to normal ... she's 40
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    My sister lost 90 lbs in 10 months with diet and exercise ... a year later her skin was pretty much back to normal ... she's 40

nice to hear!:flowerforyou:

when i was a teen, i would have been happy to weigh what i do now! (150ish)
    but i look in mirror and think "ewwwwwwwwwww" :sick: i want better!
    i am exercising worse than a dog too!:tongue:

but i'm 44 now and i must face the facts. :indifferent:
    my body will never be like that of a body that has not carried 100 extra lbs around for most of it's adult life.:grumble: