Would you track calories on your birthday??? :)

Options
13»

Replies

• JamieCroyle
    JamieCroyle Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and splurge for your Birthday and then the day after get back on track ? say to yourself I can do this Cause I'm awesome.
  • Remaincentered
    Remaincentered Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in about 2 weeks i plan on staying strict. Last time it was my birthday I ended up taking a 2 month break and gained a bunch of weight. I want to get to my goal and not lose focus.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If you decide to take a logging break just remember to set an end time for it ahead of time. You may need one day or three or whatever. Just take the break and then resume your new eating/exercise habits knowing that you will need an equivalent amount of time or even double that time to erase its effects. One day does not a lifetime make.

I'm working on undoing a 12-day no logging, fast food laden and restaurant meals trip. I resumed healthy eating and logging the morning after we got home. I've been back on track for 9 days now and am almost at the low weight of the week before I left -- in my case, a 12 pound swing! Another couple days and I will be losing "new pounds" again. Yes, I delayed my progress but it isn't stopping!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Birthdays haven't been too special here for the past few years, so I treat it like any other day.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to ya! I didn't log calories on my birthday this year but last year I did and it amounted to just over 7,000 calories and I was okay with that. Ultimately it's up to you...it's your day, do what thy will.
  • AidenT94
    AidenT94 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I logged my birthday, and I logged some things on my vacation, but I was a lot more relaxed with my logging/eating habits. Once we got back though, I got right back to logging/eating more strictly.
  • ClaireGleek
    ClaireGleek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I still log as accurate as I can but I don't worry about how over my calories I was. It's my day and I'm going to enjoy it... and my cake!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    Birthdays haven't been too special here for the past few years, so I treat it like any other day.

Right
    They stoped meaning something after I turned 25.lol
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Right

No way! I'm 35 and I still count down to my birthdays. The people, the food, and all of it for me. I hope to celebrate and enjoy them for the rest of my life.
  • Mkneedtogetfit
    Mkneedtogetfit Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Very interesting views everyone! So, in the end, I logged everything. All 3000 calories!!! I don't know how many days will I need to recover from it but it was worth it!! :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Right

No way! I'm 35 and I still count down to my birthdays. The people, the food, and all of it for me. I hope to celebrate and enjoy them for the rest of my life.

Good for you. I wish I could say the same.