Looking for Keto Friends!

Options
New to Keto and Looking for friends who understand WOE HFLC for life who are also looking to share tips, support and recipes. Please feel free to add me.

Replies

• annaofsmile
    annaofsmile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am brand new here, this is my week one of this New Way of Eating. I too need friends. I really need all the support and help I can muster. Adding you (If I can figure out how) ;))
  • MissyBrears
    MissyBrears Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I think I should try keto . When I eat carbs I bloat and feel lethargic. Not sure how to do this or what to eat. Looking for help
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Missy, me too. I actually started keto for it's anti-inflammarory aspect. The weight loss has been amazing, but I'm mostly super stoked that I am no longer hobbling around like an old person, groaning from aches every time I stand up. My round moon-face and soreness are gone. The perpetual fatigue/tiredness is gone. I feel limber and energetic and am ALSO losing weight at a satisfying pace!
  • Happy_Ells
    Happy_Ells Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've tried keto so many times and I always fail. I don't know how to stick to that WOE. I'd love to try again and maybe having friends with the same mindset, way of eating and open diaries will help me stick to it?
    Please add me, I'd love some motivating friends :-)
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    Happy, what seems to be your main pit falls? There may be a way to brainstorm solutions and plan ahead to overcome those obstacles?
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Heya! Been keto 2.5 months and LOVE it. Mutual support and sharing on MFP is super helpful! Any fellow ketoers, feel free to add me.
  • rangai
    rangai Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Much like @Happy_Ells, I've tried keto many times and although my body loves it, I can't seem to stick to it.

I've always gone solo, that may be the problem.

This time, I'm hoping to learn from and be inspired by the community here.
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love to try it but I don't know where to start from !?
  • __Roxy__
    Options
    Try watching YouTube videos by Dr Eric Berg, and reading info online. There are helpful keto forums here and on Facebook.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have been losing for years but 5 weeks ago started Keto and the scales are moving again. Feel free to add me.
  • phil_zz
    phil_zz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto for over a year. Fell off the wagon a couple of times, but I bounce right back. Add me, happy to help. :)
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I log everyday and have lost 100+ so far. Always happy to lend support and answer questions!
  • rchelen
    rchelen Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me! How do I add friends?? I can't seem to find the option for it.
  • JustDeke
    Options
    rchelen wrote: »
    Me! How do I add friends?? I can't seem to find the option for it.

Click on their name to go to their profile. Then click on the add friend button. :)

• rchelen
    Options
    Hm. Somehow it doesn't giving me the "add friend" option. Maybe because I'm on the phone?
  • JustDeke
    Options
    rchelen wrote: »
    Hm. Somehow it doesn't giving me the "add friend" option. Maybe because I'm on the phone?

From your phone (at least on my iphone) click on their name in the forum. Then it will pop-up a little window with some basic info forum info about them (as well as the ability to send them a message or ignore them on the forums). In that window, click on their name again and it will take you to their profile. On their profile there will be a little icon of a person with a + sign on it. That is the add friend button. Click on it and it will take you to another window where you can personalize your friend request with a message if you want. Then just click the checkmark in the top right of the window. It's a little convoluted! :/
  • rchelen
    Options
    Ah. Gotcha! Thank you.
  • Lisbydezign
    Lisbydezign Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the HFLC thing for 3 weeks, lost a little over 15 lbs so far. I don't pretend to know a whole lot, but happy to share recipes .
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    today is Day 1 for me for Keto. I would love to be added. I have done some research but mainly I am just trying to take it a day at a time.