need to stay focused

Options
Need to be encouraged to stay on track. My weight goes up and down all the time, lose some then put it back on, how do I stay on track?

Replies

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Well most people have goals. And it starts by deciding:

1. What is it that you want?
    2. Why do you want it?

I can assume you want to lose weight (or gain).

But why do you want it?

Do you want to be healthier? Why?
    Do you want to wear smaller sized clothes? Why?
    Do you want more energy? Why?
    Etc.

When you can answer the "why" you will then be able to decide if what you are doing or not doing will get you to the reason for your "why." When the reason is strong and immovable, you will do what you have to to make it happen. Without that core decision you will continue to waffle back and forth. So stop trying for now, and restart when that immovable reason is in hand.
  • jennardurney
    jennardurney Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well most people have goals. And it starts by deciding:

1. What is it that you want?
    2. Why do you want it?

I can assume you want to lose weight (or gain).

But why do you want it?

Do you want to be healthier? Why?
    Do you want to wear smaller sized clothes? Why?
    Do you want more energy? Why?
    Etc.

When you can answer the "why" you will then be able to decide if what you are doing or not doing will get you to the reason for your "why." When the reason is strong and immovable, you will do what you have to to make it happen. Without that core decision you will continue to waffle back and forth. So stop trying for now, and restart when that immovable reason is in hand.

I love getting down to the why. I actually should sit down and do this.
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When you can answer the "why" you will then be able to decide if what you are doing or not doing will get you to the reason for your "why."

Amen, me figuring out my "why" was one of the keys for me finally making meaningful changes with my fitness.