Recent 25lb gain! Help me!

Options
Hi everyone, I’ve used my fitness pal in the past, and by use I mean it was downloaded on my phone. That’s it. I recently gained some weight and I now weigh 150lbs. To me it’s a big deal because my “usual” weight is around 125-130. It started when I was on a medication that I no longer take. My clothes don’t fit, and I just feel like I’m looking at a stranger in the mirror. I don’t really know what to do on this app.

Replies

• clairevanas900
    clairevanas900 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just logged in after ages
  • MeechyLA
    MeechyLA Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The best thing to do when starting out is to develop the habit of logging what you eat, the good and especially the bad. The numbers will give you an objective view of your daily habits and you can start making smarter decisions, or at least you can see how your not-so-great decisions affect your body.
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well, go to the GOALS page and fill on your info Then start logging your food and exercise on the DIARY page. Easy ☺
  • mollykyanity
    mollykyanity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good move! Go to the GOALS page and log in what you are trying to accomplish. Start logging what you eat and your workouts. Be honest! You will start to see patterns, where/when you are eating too much, when you aren't working out, etc. I used the one-month premium free trial and started keeping track of my macros (carbs, fats & proteins) and began to meal plan to meet a specific goal. It's like a puzzle every day. It can be a real pain in the *kitten* and takes a lot of discipline, but I lost seven pounds in the first week and have been cruising. GOOD LUCK.