Tracking Zumba

Options
TO all you zumba people out there, what do you log it under? Cardio?? Aerobic??

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cardo - aerobic high impact.
  • hoosiermama1977
    Options
    I've been logging it under dance, general?? Wondering if that's right? Wish zumba was listed!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Cardio unless its my Zumba toning class
  • uubulldawg06
    uubulldawg06 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i use fitclick.com to find things that are not listed om mfp
  • sarah829522
    Options
    i added a new zumba exercise and wear my HRM :) there is a cardio dance something category as well that would also work.
  • carolineJ82
    carolineJ82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it under the Dance one but Im pretty sure you burn more calories than it gives you so I change the cals. Im so surprised that Zumba isn't down as its so popular!
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

its pretty good... log it in there, get the breakdown and then create an exercise here
  • jjclem07
    jjclem07 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I make the exercise up on create exercise. I have a HRM (best thing ever to get!!!) and that gives me what I need. Seems to me most people either log it as high impact or dance.
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged it yet since I have returned to MFP after a "lazy break"...

My class is on Thursday, but I was planning on logging it as aerobic - high impact.

I'm sure it won't be long before it appears on there as I've noticed more and more crazes are being logged (spinning etc.).

It's just frustrating that you never know whether the person who adds that activity to the database burns calories at the same rate as you or not...
  • redwingluvr
    redwingluvr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Log it under cardio becasue that is what it is. There is no category for Zumba because calories burned for Zumba varies for each person depending on the intensity of the workout. Go in a create Zumba in "My Exercises" under cardio. Once you've entered it it will be in your exercise database for so you nly have to add it once. The best thing to do is to buy a HRM to get an exact calorie count. Best investment I ever made!! You could burn anywhere from 500 - 1,000 calories in 60 mins. I would estimate 500 calories until you get an HRM. Hope this helps.

Jody
    Live, Love, Zumba!
  • carolineJ82
    carolineJ82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com

ty for that x
  • Lahdidahdah
    Options
    I wear my heart rate monitor and usually burn between 575 and 625, depending on intensity.
  • jenmac82005
    Options
    thanks for the website , zumbacalories.com.....awesomeness!!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    yeah that website is great