Why? Why are you here? Motivation!

So, I know that we all have some common goals. For instance, a lot of us are here to "lose weight, get healthy, be better for our kids/family" but I'm sure there are a lot of reasons we may not even think about for being here. I'm here because I want my energy and confidence back. I don't mean confidence in how I look, but I want to feel like I can accomplish this.

So I'm curious, what are your reasons for being here? I would list them like this:

Common/General Reasons:
Lose weight, get healthy

Uncommon/Specific reasons:
To prove to myself I can do this
Because I want to wear my cute jeans again

I think sometimes if we stop and make a list of why we're doing this and if we share with others why we're doing this, we can have a large list of reasons that will refresh/refuel our motivation.

Replies

• ArleneAllen
    ArleneAllen Posts: 2 Member
    Hi there,

I just started my diet, I am getting married in April and I feel so uncomfortable in every dress I try on so I guess the main reason for me is to feel pretty in my wedding dress, also trying to get healthy since my skin seems to react really badly to any bad foods. So for me it’s the confidence.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    I went to six flags with my daughter a couple of years ago and couldnt fit on the rides. It was humiliating.
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    I'm just tired of being treated like a subhuman. It may be an extreme way to describe it, but everyone who isn't thin knows exactly what I'm talking about. Also for clothes, I want to be able to wear what I want, and not what fits.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Trying to play a role in aging well instead of the alternative.
  • hoppgeorge
    hoppgeorge Posts: 368 Member
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I'm just tired of being treated like a subhuman. It may be an extreme way to describe it, but everyone who isn't thin knows exactly what I'm talking about. Also for clothes, I want to be able to wear what I want, and not what fits.

Im right there with you on that one!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Yes I want to lose weight and be healthier to live longer, but I also want to prove to myself that I can accomplish this goal. Too often I quit on things or just become complacent and lazy. Losing weight is one thing within my life I have complete control over.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    to be who i used to be ... facing that i have wanted to be this way and figuring out the reasons why. i'm starting to think there are reasons people gain weight and stay heavy. Why do i choose to hide behind 30 more pounds? Why don' t i just lose it. All it takes is exercising in some form or fashion most days..and eating healthy most days. Why the drama? it is all so boring really.
  • Stoney031201
    Stoney031201 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm really strong and fit but want to take it to the next level and want to find someone to help me do it. someone to take control of my diet and exercise routine who would enjoy taking control and pushing me. It would be fun!!
  • Its_thetime
    Its_thetime Posts: 18 Member
    I want to lose weight because Ive lost my confidence! I am not proud of how I look in the mirror and Im terrified of the health issues that come with being obese! Also Im getting married next August and I want to look gorgeous for my man :)
  • hunters90
    hunters90 Posts: 170 Member
    I'm just ready for something new. I mean I've been in shape many other times, but the thought of being in shape and staying in shape makes that much more rewarding
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I've been in maintenance for a number of years now...initially I came here because I had some really bad blood work come back at 38 years old and I didn't want to get on a bunch of meds to rectify those issues.

I'm here now mostly because I kinda turned into a nutrition and fitness junkie and I like talking about it and sharing knowledge that I have and still always learning.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    I want to lose the weight to eliminate aches and pains that have appeared lately as my weight (and age) crept up. Aches are in my lower back and hips. I have 30 lbs to lose and I know weight loss, and consistent exercise which I already do will significantly help me with pain issues.